new Stackdriver Logging client

Jonathan Amsterdam

Sep 8, 2016, 6:22:03 PM9/8/16
to google-api-...@googlegroups.com
We have a new logging client for the Stackdriver Logging API. It's built on top of gRPC for speed, and supports sinks, metrics and both reading and writing of logs.

Since its surface is not backwards-compatible with the current logging client at cloud.google.com/go/logging, we've put it at cloud.google.com/go/preview/logging for a few weeks so you can get used to it and give us feedback. We'll let you know when we replace the old client with the new one.

Jonathan Amsterdam

Sep 20, 2016, 9:47:43 AM9/20/16
to google-api-go-announce
We'll be replacing the logging client at cloud.google.com/go/logging with the new one at cloud.google.com/go/preview/logging in two days.

This is a breaking change.

Jonathan Amsterdam

Sep 27, 2016, 6:20:27 AM9/27/16
to google-api-go-announce
The logging client at cloud.google.com/go/logging has been replaced with the new client a cloud.google.com/go/preview/logging. We'll keep the old one around for a few days to ease the transfer.

Note that the logging package itself supports only writing. For other features of the Stackdriver Logging API, see cloud.google.com/go/logging/logadmin.