Some data sets being sampled, some not. Why?

David Culbertson

May 16, 2024, 3:09:00 PMMay 16
to google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
Hi Community,

I am having a perplexing issue with the add-on. For one client's website, I am trying to get an archive of pages for 2021, 2022, and the first half of 2023 until GA3 stopped recording data.

Dimensions:
Month of Year,
Page
Page Title

Metrics:
Pageviews
Unique Pageviews
Entrances
Bounce Rate
% Exit

Both 2022 and 2021 had more than 500K sessions. The data downloaded for 2022 and 2021 is always sampled but I was hoping that applying filters to greatly limit the number of pages returned might help. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case as sampling is happening.

I'm thinking that the 500,000 session limit for sampling kicks in before any filters or segments are applied BUT, doing a report for sessions by month (total of 30 rows for the 30 months in 2021, 2022, and 2023) for the 1.6 Million sessions isn't sampled!