Daily Traffic Error If Date Range Starts Before 2012-07-01

Robert Slocumbe

Jun 25, 2024, 11:16:52 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
I'm backing up a lot of views and some date back to ~2008. I noticed that a few views would show 0 sessions, pageviews, and hits until ~April 21, 2022 even though the analytics reports showed a lot of traffic prior to that.

After some troubleshooting, I realized that if my date range for 'Daily Traffic' started before 2012-07-01 then it would produce 0 for those fields until ~April 2022. If the date range starts at 2012-07-01 then it accurately pulls the right data all the way up to 2023-07-01.

Can anyone give any insight into why this might be happening? I'd like to pull Daily Traffic data prior to that if possible, but for now I'm just going to start my date range at 2012-07-01 for that column.

Anthony Derrick

Jun 27, 2024, 9:02:03 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on

Curious to know how you're doing this without any sampling. Anytime I try to get a report from earlier than 2024, it contains so much sampling

Zach Alig (Proof Industries)

Jun 27, 2024, 1:25:55 PM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
Hey Anthony -

I'm on the same team as OP. We were looking to do a full export of all data, so sampling is something we were trying to avoid. We also got a ton of data in our reports and ended up running most of them as quarterly reports in order to not exceed the 10000000 cell limit of Sheets. If complete accuracy of the data isn't important, sampling is a great idea.

Jeff Schulz

Jun 27, 2024, 1:59:29 PM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
also, the cell limit of sheets is impacted due to the fact that for a report run, google extension will retain unpopulated columns and add rows ...
and each cell therein is counted ...
so, after running a report, i hade to clean it up (delete extra rows and columns)