Bulk resolve "unresolved sheet name"?

Ellen Edmands

Dec 28, 2018, 10:38:34 AM12/28/18
to google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
Question: Is there a bulk way to update "unresolved sheet name" error? It resolves after I click on a cell and hit enter, but I am working with a table of 1,000-plus cells.

ref_error_google_sheets_addon.png

Scenario: I used a copy of another Google Sheets doc that had the same sheet names, then I deleted the existing worksheets of the original except for the reporting configuration (hence why the #REF! error appears), then changed the filters in the report configuration to look at new data then ran the report in my copy. The resulting sheets from the reporting config are the same exact name these cells with #REF! reference.

Ellen Edmands

Dec 28, 2018, 11:08:40 AM12/28/18
to google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
Temporary solution is to start in the first cell in each column and just hold down the return key. I'll keep this open for a smarter explanation, solution. Still new at Google Sheets add-on.

Mauricio Chacon R.

Nov 9, 2021, 9:47:10 AM11/9/21
to google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
=INDIRECT("TAB!A:A")

try this

Clarissa Moore

Nov 12, 2022, 12:58:14 PM11/12/22
to google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
I just had this issue and I fixed it. See if this works.... I made sure I had sheets with the same name already created in the workbook I was copying the worksheet to. I then copied the worksheet into the workbook and got the errors. So I copied all the data on the entire worksheet that had the errors and pasted to the worksheet I created previously with the same name and pasted it there. I did this for all 3 worksheets and deleted the copied ones. It worked without having to hold down the ENTER key.

Z Z

Feb 9, 2024, 12:30:17 PMFeb 9
to google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
You can Find and replace ALL on the sheet with the REF errors, and it will automatically re-link/re-calculate.
Search the current sheet, check 'Also search within formulas' and find/replace criteria are the same sheet name being referenced in error.

This assumes your initial sheet copying is out of order and you want to clean it all up at the end after you get sheet names corrected.