Changing Ownership & Rescheduling

george....@fixxpunkt.ch

Jan 16, 2020, 4:22:26 AM1/16/20
to google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
Dear all,

I would like your help. I have a lot of reports automatically running to get data from several Google Analytics accounts and for the majority of those reports i will need to change the ownership (done) as i will stop working for this company.

My problem starts when my manager wanted to update, for one of those reports, the running schedule. Unfortunately, in this case, gets an error message: "Sorry, mye...@company.ch has already created a schedule for this spreadsheet. To schedule reports, you must either have them disable their schedule, or you can create your own copy of the Spreadsheet"

The second option (create a copy) its practically not possible and the only option i see is the first, nevertheless, it will be very time-consuming. Did you ever had faced this kind of issue? there is any smart solution??? a setting somewhere?

Thanks
George

Arpit Saxena

May 11, 2021, 1:40:41 PM5/11/21
to google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
Were you able to resolve this issue?
Very frustrating.

Thanks!

James Slack

May 11, 2021, 7:16:24 PM5/11/21
to Arpit Saxena, google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
It won't help your situation but my method is to always set the schedules up using a shared account that multiple people can access if needed, so the schedule does not get attached to any particular user's account.

David Podmore

Jun 8, 2021, 5:13:35 AM6/8/21
to google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
I have a similar issue, where we have ~20 workbooks, each of which pulls reports from up to 30 views. Each workbook is set to run its reports once per month.

The problem is, I have updated the email address I use to sign into my Google account, so now I see the same error message. I can't log in to the "old" account!

Maxim Sidorov

Apr 3, 2024, 6:51:56 AMApr 3
to google-analytics-spreadsheet-add-on
I have renamed my Google account, and now I have lost access to all the schedules I have had created.

Please fix this issue! Ownership should be checked by account ID, not by email address!