Offline batch support

Dustin Lessard

Oct 29, 2015, 8:47:37 AM10/29/15
to google-analytics-measurement-protocol
I had convinced myself that I read somewhere that we could bulk-POST several analytic events at once via the Measurement Protocol.  Other than using a mobile SDK, is there some other way of accomplishing this?

Philip Walton

Oct 29, 2015, 1:20:28 PM10/29/15
to Dustin Lessard, google-analytics-measurement-protocol
It is possible but it's not currently documented. To send multiple hits in one request you do the following things:

- send to the /batch endpoint instead of /collect
- put each hit payload on its own line in the POST body

And there are a few limitations:

- 8K max payload size
- 20 total hit max

The documentation for this should be added soon.