MP data fell off a cliff - only real-time working - use of proxies?

Adam Fisk

Sep 2, 2015, 4:03:35 PM9/2/15
to google-analytics-measurement-protocol
We've been experiencing very rapid growth, and our real time data still shows a lot of users, but starting yesterday afternoon we went from over 100K sessions/day to absolute zero. We use the measurement protocol from our Go backend, and we send all data through proxies because the purpose of our software is to bypass censors in regions where the government censors the Internet. Google in general is blocked in those countries, so the proxies are necessary.

Is it possible our use of proxies triggered some sort of blacklisting on Google's side? Any ideas?

Thanks all.

-Adam Fisk

**
President
Brave New Software Project, Inc.

Adam Fisk

Sep 2, 2015, 4:23:29 PM9/2/15
to google-analytics-measurement-protocol
Ha! Figured it out. Long story involving a CDN mistaking us for a botnet, but we're back up.