Google analytics Measurement Protocol mobile allowIDFACollection and enableAdvertisingIdCollection

hoksha

Sep 25, 2015, 3:48:02 PM9/25/15
to google-analytics-measurement-protocol
I am creating a unity application and I use google analytics but without using the IOS, Android or unity sdk, instead I use requests using Google analytics Measurement Protocol.

What I want to do is equivalent to the following calls in the sdk, but cannot find how to do this using the measurement protocol.

tracker.allowIDFACollection = YES;
or

t.enableAdvertisingIdCollection(true);

The reason is to enable demographic tracking as described in the link below.

Thanks for advance.

Philip Walton

Sep 25, 2015, 3:54:45 PM9/25/15
to hoksha, google-analytics-measurement-protocol
I don't believe that's supported in the Measurement Protocol as it's outside of the scope. That data gets sent using a different mechanism and is joined on the back end at processing time.