Precise Geolocation reporting using Google Measurement API

Goran Radulovic

Aug 5, 2015, 6:20:04 PM8/5/15
to google-analytics-measurement-protocol
I'm having issues with Google Measurement Api. I need to manually report ecommerce transactions to the analytics, and the only data i'm getting from the payment processor is Country Code (which is not precise enough for our analytics process) and IP address of person doing the purchase.

We've tried sending uip (User IP override) param but analytics ignores IP and does not extract the Geolocation from it.

We've tried using geoid, but as i said is not precise. We need city information too. I see that geoid can take integer as param which describes the precise location, but i don't know how to get to that number if only thing i have is IP address.

Any help or advice will be appreciated.