Transaction tracking (using example right off the tutorial page) doesn't work as expected

Arvid

Oct 13, 2015, 4:08:37 PM10/13/15
to google-analytics-measurement-protocol

I've set my property up for monitoring an app, and am sending this through the hit builder.

Transaction is tracked, product names, SKUs, Brands are tracked.
Price and quantities are not, even when I add pr1pr to the parameter list.
Any clues as to why?

Many many thanks in advance!
Arvid

Measuring Purchases

v=1                                   // Version.
&tid=UA-XXXXX-Y                       // Tracking ID / Property ID.
&cid=555                              // Anonymous Client ID.
&t=pageview                           // Pageview hit type.
&dh=mydemo.com                        // Document hostname.
&dp=/receipt                          // Page.
&dt=Receipt%20Page                    // Title.

&ti=T12345                            // Transaction ID. Required.
&ta=Google%20Store%20-%20Online       // Affiliation.
&tr=37.39                             // Revenue.
&tt=2.85                              // Tax.
&ts=5.34                              // Shipping.
&tcc=SUMMER2013                       // Transaction coupon.

&pa=purchase                          // Product action (purchase). Required.
&pr1id=P12345                         // Product 1 ID. Either ID or name must be set.
&pr1nm=Android%20Warhol%20T-Shirt     // Product 1 name. Either ID or name must be set.
&pr1ca=Apparel                        // Product 1 category.
&pr1br=Google                         // Product 1 brand.
&pr1va=Black                          // Product 1 variant.
&pr1ps=1                              // Product 1 position.

View this hit in the Measurement Protocol Hit Builder.

m...@triip.me

Nov 3, 2015, 1:32:38 PM11/3/15
to google-analytics-measurement-protocol
I've got the same exact problem! Did you find a solution, Arvid?

Arvid

Nov 3, 2015, 1:45:28 PM11/3/15
to google-analytics-measurement-protocol
Nope, no solution with enhanced, but the old basic one somewhat works...
...try making a number of calls - one for each item and one for the transaction - and it generates something.
I had to attend to some other things and have dropped this issue for a bit, but will come back to it when time permits :)

Arvid

Nov 3, 2015, 1:53:21 PM11/3/15
to google-analytics-measurement-protocol
For a while I had a theory that enhanced only works for web properties, but I haven't tested it on any of my properties.

Philip Walton

Nov 3, 2015, 1:53:34 PM11/3/15
to Arvid, google-analytics-measurement-protocol

Arvid Wahlberg

Nov 3, 2015, 2:19:03 PM11/3/15
to Philip Walton, google-analytics-measurement-protocol
Done - thanks, Philip!

Arvid

Nov 3, 2015, 2:20:16 PM11/3/15
to google-analytics-measurement-protocol, arvid.w...@gmail.com