Google Analytics URL Builder API

dhvanil

Mar 20, 2012, 1:12:10 AM3/20/12
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Dear Analysts,

I have a list of thousand(s) products to track with separate email
marketing campaign for each product.

The challenge for me is to create thousand URLs using URL builder for
tracking each product in each email.

I would be interested in find out, Is there any way with use of
Analytics API to generate thousands URLs?

Let me know the suggestion for this as soon as possible plz.

Looking for your reply.

Regards,
Dhvanil

Nick

Mar 26, 2012, 1:37:39 PM3/26/12
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Great feature request,

Thanks Dhvanil
-Nick

Aaron Toledo

Mar 28, 2012, 7:57:20 PM3/28/12
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Agreed. Currently, I have some fancy spreadsheets that function the same as the online URL builder from Google but they give me the ability to save the tags I've created for future reference.

dhvanil khandwala

Mar 29, 2012, 12:00:51 PM3/29/12
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
can u share that spreadsheet plz?

DHVANIL KHANDWALA
Sr. SEO & Web Analyst
Cell: 91-09924292629

Jeremy Wight

May 22, 2015, 9:02:31 AM5/22/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know if Google ever did this? I'm not finding any API endpoint for this based on my current searches.

Jeremy

Henning

Jun 22, 2015, 3:13:52 PM6/22/15
to google-analytics...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

There is no API for URL builder because it's probably not really needed.

You should be able to build a string dynamically using these parameters listed on the URL Builder page.

utm_source
utm_medium
utm_term
utm_content
utm_campaign

All the builder does is fill in the bank variable values with what you are entering in the text fields above.
Example: [Website URL]?utm_source=[Campaign Source]&utm_medium=[Campaign Medium]&utm_campaign=[Campaign Name]

I hope it points you in the right direction.

Henning