Welcome! Official Group Charter

Nick

Apr 21, 2009, 3:06:38 PM4/21/09
to google-analytics-api - GA Data Export API
Welcome to the Google Analytics APIs Discussion Group

This group is intended to be a comfortable and useful meeting place
for developers of our Analytics APIs to ask questions, provide
feedback and share successes with each other and participating Google
employees ("Googlers"). Anyone is welcome to participate and we
encourage group members to help each other.

I am too busy to read through threads... I only want official updates
and notifications on the Google Analytics APIs!
No problem. We've created a separate Analytics-API-Notify group
designed specifically to cut out clutter :
http://groups.google.com/group/google-analytics-api-notify
This is a read-only group for all Google Analytics APIs and will be
used to notify users about:

* Outages
* Code changes
* Feature updates

What are the roles of Googlers in this group?
We're regularly reading posts, spotting trends, internally noting
issues of concern, and then sharing this important information with
key colleagues around the world to help make Google Analytics better
for everyone. We may also post replies from time to time, but the
bigger stars here are the wonderful non-Googler community members who
offer thoughtful and friendly advice and commentary.

How do I know which posters are Googlers?
You'll spot little G badges (icons) next to the username of Googlers
here. While you'll find lots of helpful and interesting posts within
the Group, only the notes from badged Googlers should be seen as
official information.

I want to reach someone at Google.
This is the place to do it! As noted above, we have a great many
Googlers in different offices regularly reading, escalating, and -- to
the extent possible -- replying to posts here. But please do not
write "Hey [insert Googler's name]! HEEEEELP!!!!!" These posts are
less likely to get our attention (because, let's face it, would you
really want to see an entire group filled with those sorts of subject
lines?).