Google Analytics Data API Updates: improved compatibility for dimensions with query string or minute components

Ilya Kuleshov

Jan 18, 2024, 7:06:13 PMJan 18
to daring-d...@googlegroups.com, google-analyt...@googlegroups.com
On behalf of the Google Analytics team I would like to announce the following updates to the Google Analytics Data API:

  • Dimensions that include the query string are now compatible with most fields. Dimensions like pagePathPlusQueryStringunifiedPageScreenpageLocation and fullPageUrl are now compatible with many additional fields including sessionSourcebrowsercity and landingPage.
  • Dimensions that include the minute component are now compatible with most fields. Dimensions like minutenthMinute and dateHourMinute are now compatible with a similar set of additional fields.

See the GA4 Dimensions & Metrics Explorer for comprehensive compatibility information.

Feedback

As part of the testing process, we kindly ask you to answer a quick survey and provide any feedback about this feature.