Deprecation of Confidence Interval

Nick

Apr 28, 2011, 2:24:32 PM4/28/11
to google-analyt...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Today we’re announcing the deprecation of the Confidence Interval value.

Currently, the Data Export API Data Feed returns a Confidence Interval (CI) in each metric element when data has been sampled. Confidence Intervals are generally confusing and get complicated with calculated metrics, so we plan to remove them from the API.

In about 2 months from now, the API will return 0.0 for all CIs
In about 3 months from now, we will completely remove this attribute from all metric elements.

We are also looking into replacing the CI with a new, simpler way to report the level of sampling that has occurred.

Thanks!
-Nick