Jquery 1.12.3 needs to be added to Google Hosted library

Steve Robinson

Apr 14, 2016, 7:42:28 PM4/14/16
to Google AJAX APIs
Wordpress 4.5 has been released with JQuery 1.12.3 included. Anyone who wishes to include the Google hosted version is out of luck because it's not currently in the library. Going for a higher version that's hosted by Google will force you to go to version 2.x of JQuery which is likely to cause trouble (no IE 8 compatibility for one). Can this be added to the API library? Pretty please :)

christian oliff

Apr 28, 2016, 9:28:22 AM4/28/16
to Google AJAX APIs
It's odd that this hasn't been added yet. jQuery 1.12.3 was released 3 weeks ago. Google normally update their CDN within 3-5 days.

Wesley Turner-Harris

May 3, 2016, 4:58:57 PM5/3/16
to Google AJAX APIs
Bump. Still hasn't been updated. If future updates for the 1.x branch is being dropped for some reason, due notice would be nice.

Philipp Wollermann

May 13, 2016, 7:03:19 AM5/13/16
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi Steve, Christian and Wesley,

thanks for bringing this up! I'm really sorry for the delay in uploading the new jQuery version.
It's online now and I'll make sure that we don't fall behind again with uploading new versions in the future.

Regards,
Philipp (Maintainer of Google Hosted Libraries)

christian oliff

May 13, 2016, 8:40:25 AM5/13/16
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philipp. Thanks for the reply and updating it.

thanks,

Christian.

To view this message on the web, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-ajax-search-api/c1e4ab66-34d2-4d49-8586-29a1a6aae66c%40googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google AJAX APIs" group.

Wesley Turner-Harris

May 13, 2016, 10:17:11 AM5/13/16
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Yes, much appreciated. Ended up coding a fallback pattern in case of 404 in the future. But, thanks for the update!

Wesley Turner-Harris
Senior Web Developer @ Barrel
197 Grand Street, Suite 7S
New York, NY 10013
212.239.2072 EXT 7015 | www.barrelny.com

christian oliff

Jun 28, 2016, 7:32:47 AM6/28/16
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi Philipp. Will you add jQuery 3.0.0 to the CDN soon?

Philipp Wollermann

Jun 28, 2016, 7:59:35 AM6/28/16
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi Christian,

jQuery 3.0.0 should be available on the CDN since June 11th, but it seems like we forgot to update the "copy & paste snippet" in the docs, because it's a new major version.
(It's listed in the "versions" list for jQuery, but not in the easy to see snippet.)

I'll fix the docs now! Thanks for pointing this out.

Cheers,
Philipp

christian oliff

Sep 28, 2016, 9:29:46 AM9/28/16
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi again Philipp,

It'd be cool if you could upload jQuery 3.1.1.

thanks,

Christian.

To view this message on the web, visit

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google AJAX APIs" group.

Philipp Wollermann

Sep 28, 2016, 10:09:50 AM9/28/16
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi Christian,

thanks for letting me know. I've prepared the upload of jQuery 3.1.1 (and jQuery UI 1.12.1 for that matter) and once my colleague verified it, it'll be live on the CDN. I'll ping the thread then.

Cheers,
Philipp

Philipp Wollermann

Sep 30, 2016, 1:05:40 PM9/30/16
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi,

The libraries are online now and documentation has been updated.

Cheers,
Philipp

christian oliff

Mar 27, 2017, 8:12:22 AM3/27/17
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi again Philipp,

It'd be cool if you could upload jQuery 3.2.1.

thanks,

Christian.

Philipp Wollermann

Mar 27, 2017, 8:16:22 AM3/27/17
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi Christian,

I uploaded jQuery 3.2.0 and 3.2.1 last Friday, but it seems like our documentation wasn't updated automatically. :| Sorry!
Just to make sure, I just checked and the URLs with the new versions already work, so you can go ahead and use them.

I'll also update our docs now and check why the automatic publishing of the new version didn't work.

Cheers,
Philipp

christian oliff

Jan 24, 2018, 7:21:47 AM1/24/18
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi again Philipp,

It'd be cool if you could upload jQuery 3.3.1.

thanks,

Christian.

Philipp Wollermann

Jan 24, 2018, 7:31:28 AM1/24/18
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

uploading is almost done and just pending a quick review from a colleague. Should be available in a few hours :)

Cheers,
Philipp

On Monday, March 27, 2017 at 2:12:22 PM UTC+2, christian oliff wrote:
Hi again Philipp,

It'd be cool if you could upload jQuery 3.2.1.

thanks,

Christian.

To view this message on the web, visit

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google AJAX APIs" group.

Christian Oliff

May 7, 2019, 7:50:07 AM5/7/19
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi Philipp,

It'd be cool if you could upload jQuery 3.4.1 - this version fixes a number of bugs introduced in 3.4.0.

thanks,

Christian.

Philipp Wollermann

May 10, 2019, 6:55:10 AM5/10/19
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi Christian,

thanks for pinging me! I've prepared jQuery 3.4.1 for upload and it should be available on the CDN in the next hours.

Cheers,
Philipp

christian oliff

May 13, 2019, 7:58:54 AM5/13/19
to Google AJAX APIs
thanks for the reply Philipp!  It's not live yet though.... let me know when it is..

thanks,

Christian

Philipp Wollermann

May 13, 2019, 10:53:25 AM5/13/19
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi Christian,

sorry for the delay. I got another colleague to approve the upload - it's available now! :)

Cheers,
Philipp