Error 429 - Resource has been exhausted

Federica Melani

Jun 13, 2022, 4:28:29 AM6/13/22
to AdMob API Developer Forum
Hello,

Sometimes when we try to download ad revenue data via Admob API we get:
error 429 "Resource has been exhausted (e.g. check quota)."

We checked this documentation and this is our number of requests per category and its limit:

Account read requests per minute per project
900 (no requests in this category)
Inventory read requests per minute per project
120 (we make 19 req per day maximum)
Inventory read requests per day per project
172800 (we make 19 req per day maximum)
Reporting read requests per minute per project
900 (we make 40 req per day maximum)

As you can see, our number of requests is definitely lower than the limit documented. Could you please help us to solve this? It is blocking us to pull recent days data for our clients.

Thanks

AdMob API Forum Support

Jun 14, 2022, 2:55:01 PM6/14/22
to federic...@adeven.com, google-admob-api...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

When receiving 429 RESOURCE_EXHAUSTED errors when your requests are within the quota limit, I suggest the following to reduce resource consumption:
  • Reducing the date range in the request.
  • Reducing the number of dimensions as they act as a multiplier. Adding a dimension multiplies the number of rows, whereas adding a new metric to a report produces a new column.
All the best,
Google Logo
Amira
AdMob API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2bviRk:ref

Federica Melani

Jun 15, 2022, 4:39:13 AM6/15/22
to AdMob API Developer Forum
Hello,

Now we are not getting this error, but we did not change anything on our side.
It was not the first time we experienced this problem, therefore I believe it is going to happen very likely again in the future. Not being able to pull d-1 data is a critical problem for our client, so we want to ensure this is not going to happen again (we were not even able to download 1day of data, and it was the case only for this client, whereas the connection it was working well for others).

The client is using another provider too at the moment, and I guess they use the same API, therefore I wonder if this could be the source of the problem. If so, what would you recommend to solve it?

Thank you,

Federica

Federica Melani

Jun 27, 2022, 5:09:02 AM6/27/22
to AdMob API Developer Forum
Hello, we are experiencing this error from Friday, cannot download the most recent data. Could you have a look?

AdMob API Forum Support

Jun 28, 2022, 9:28:46 PM6/28/22
to federic...@adeven.com, google-admob-api...@googlegroups.com
Hello Federica,

Could you please reply privately to author and provide the full API request and response to help us investigate further?

Thank you,

Federica Melani

Jul 6, 2022, 4:35:31 AM7/6/22
to AdMob API Developer Forum
Hello, I have sent the API response last week. Do you have any news? Today none of our daily pulls is able to get the data, therefore we are missing yesterday's data.

AdMob API Forum Support

Jul 7, 2022, 9:27:31 PM7/7/22
to federic...@adeven.com, google-admob-api...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for sharing the API response, could you also send the full API request privately to author to help diagnose the issue?

All the best,

Federica Melani

Jul 8, 2022, 5:36:10 AM7/8/22
to AdMob API Developer Forum
Done.

AdMob API Forum Support

Jul 11, 2022, 2:50:18 PM7/11/22
to google-admob-api...@googlegroups.com, federic...@adeven.com
Thank you, I will follow up once the investigation is complete.