Can refresh tokens be used continuously?

정우철

Sep 24, 2023, 9:59:18 PM9/24/23
to AdMob API Developer Forum

  • We want to continuously use the refresh token issued through Google oauth 2.0, but we also want to know the number of times the access token can be reissued through this.

  • We want to periodically accumulate data from the Admob API. So, I'm trying to receive data from the mediator report by calling it periodically. In order to use the Admob API, the process of issuing an access token through Google OAuth 2.0 authentication is necessary.

  • In the process, except for the first time, I tried to use the initially issued refresh token to avoid opening unnecessary login browser windows. Therefore, we understood "100 refresh tokens", one of the refresh token renewal expiration conditions described in the Google OAuth official documentation page, as a limitation on reissuing 100 access tokens with one refresh token. However, to confirm this, access tokens were reissued about 8,000 times with one refesh token, and it was confirmed that there were no problems in this process.
  • And after looking into it, I again understood it to be a limitation of 100 refresh tokens being issued to one client ID.

  • The curious thing here is that we simply want to use the admob API to periodically accumulate data on one server, so we only have a client ID and one refresh token that was initially issued.

  • So, is it possible to continuously receive and use an access token without limit using the refresh token received after approving permission through initial Google login?

  • Anyone who knows about this, please respond.

Lin Yang

Oct 2, 2023, 4:52:54 PM10/2/23
to AdMob API Developer Forum
Thanks for the detailed information. You're correct that the refresh token is limited to 100 tokens per client ID, as documented in https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2#expiration. The alternative is to use a service account, but this is unfortunately not yet supported by the AdMob API. If this is a critical requirement, please feel free to reach out to your AdMob Account Manager to file a feature request.