RE: [google-admob-ads-sdk] Game sound mutes forever on iOS Unity after video ad close while also playing music from another app.

Message has been deleted

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 25, 2020, 1:47:32 AM6/25/20
to ij2...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Could you kindly try setting the AVAudioSessionCategory of your app to AVAudioSessionCategoryAmbient and see if this would fix the issue? You may check out this link for further details on how to apply this change from the Unity Editor.

Regards,

Ziv Yves Sanchez

Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q219FT7:ref

justjenkz

Jun 25, 2020, 2:43:29 AM6/25/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I set the AVAudioSessionCategory to AVAudioSessionCategoryAmbient in the willFinishLaunchingWithOptions in the UnityAppController.mm. The game sounds are still muted while the music from another app is resumed after rewarded video app closed..Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 11.39.00 PM.png

Best,

Isaiah

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 25, 2020, 3:30:28 AM6/25/20
to ij2...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you for trying out our suggestion.

Could you kindly provide the details below (via Reply privately to author) so that we can further investigate the issue?

  • Copy of a Unity or iOS sample project (replicating the issue)
  • Steps to replicate the issue
  • Device name and iOS version of device/s affected

In case that the Reply privately to author option is somehow unavailable on your end, you may send the details above to mobileads...@gmail.com instead. Rest assured that your data is treated with the utmost confidentiality, and will only be used for the investigation and resolution of this issue.