Empty ads with 4.0.4 and 4.1.0?

Sebastian Schulze

May 15, 2011, 10:39:27 AM5/15/11
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
I'm sometimes getting "empty" ads in my app, that is, ads that show no
ad text or image, just the "Ads by AdMob" text and the logo on the
right, as can be seen in this screenshot:

https://sites.google.com/site/schulzeharmonics/emptyad.png

Those empty ads are also not clickable, so it's not just a problem of
black text on black background; they appear often, but the next
refresh may bring in a fully-functioning ad. And it's happening with
multiple publisher ids.

Is anybody seeing this, and more importantly, has anybody got a
solution?

Michael Ying

May 16, 2011, 1:23:23 PM5/16/11
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Sebastian,

On what platform and version of the SDK are you seeing this problem?

Mike

Sebastian Schulze

May 16, 2011, 6:49:21 PM5/16/11
On 16 Mai, 19:23, Michael Ying <mikey...@google.com> wrote:

> On what platform and version of the SDK are you seeing this problem?

On Android, with a Desire with 2.2 and a Desire HD with 2.3 (those are
the devices that show the problem, I haven't got access to other
devices yet to see if the problem occurs there, too).

And it happens both with SDK 4.0.4 and 4.1.0.

regards,

Sebastian.

Saša Šijak

May 22, 2011, 3:51:27 PM5/22/11
to Google AdMob Ads Developers
I am also having the same problem. My revenue dropped by half in the
last six days because of this problem. I am using 4.1SDK and using
simple layout. Default AdView in the root LinearLayout. Also Google
ads are not clickable to (Show Ad button slides in but it is not
clickable then). As I can see only admob text ads are loaded, do you
have some problem with the image banners? If you do, when it will be
solved?