Google Ad Manager - Ads are not show unless change application ID

Louis Toh

Feb 18, 2021, 4:54:16 AM2/18/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi All,

One of my applications is not displaying any Ads recently until I changed the application ID which I don't want to do so because the app is released to the App Store. The error from the Logcat showing "ERROR_CODE_NO_FILL".

I have download the sample project from here for testing. Once I change the sample application's ID to my application's ID. The test Ads are not showing. I have set up the ads.txt on my developer website too. No policy violation email is received. App is

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 18, 2021, 10:16:59 AM2/18/21
to prima...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Louis,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. The first thing I would ask is for you to test using the test Ids and if everything works ok. If so we know the code is fine. The next part is to put your Ids in, if you then get the error. This would indicate that something is not right with the Id.

As for the fact that you have an app in the app store, when was the app put on the store? Has it received any ads since being uploaded on? Also it looks like you are trying to chnage the App Id after you pushed the app to the store?

As for the "ERROR_CODE_NO_FILL" this is to show that the id worked as intended but that we had no ad to show to that id at this moment. Reasons for this can be many. If you want to share via "reply to author" button. We can look over the Ids in question and see if we find anything. Other wise it looks to be an issue that might just take time to clear out. Also you can contact our Product Support Team . As they are able to handle issues with ad serving, which this may be.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2CSOQD:ref

Louis Toh

Feb 18, 2021, 10:01:44 PM2/18/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thanks for your response.

I'm getting the error code "ERROR_CODE_NO_FILL" for both test Ids and real Ids. But if I change the App Id, both test Ids and real Ids are working properly. So, I guess my code is working fine on requesting Ads. I have another 3 App using the same read Ids and they all are receiving Ads.

My app has been on the Gooogle App store for 4 years and yes, it received ads since being uploaded on and it stopped receiving Ads since November 2020. I didn't change the App Id after I pushed the app to the store, I changed the App Id in my development project just for debugging purposes.

I would like to share the Ids but unfortunately, the "reply to Author button" is disabled. I have tried to look for the permission setting but no help. I'm new to this google group, any feedback will be appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Louis.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 19, 2021, 1:47:54 AM2/19/21
to prima...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Louis,

Thank you for your message and for adding insights regarding your concerns. You can send the requested information privately to our testing alias (mobileads...@gmail.com).

Let us know once sent.

Regards,

Google Logo
Sherwin Diesta
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2CSOQD:ref

Louis Toh

Feb 19, 2021, 2:05:08 AM2/19/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Done. Email subject: "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2CSOQD:ref".

Regards,
Louis.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 19, 2021, 3:49:25 AM2/19/21
to prima...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Louis,

Thank you for sharing the information privately.

Upon reviewing the information, it seems there’s a difference on the ad unit ID format between the screenshot and the ad unit id you shared.

The screenshot shows that the ad unit id is an AdMob app-format. However, the ad unit ID you provided is suited for an Ad Manager app. That being said, could you kindly confirm which of our sample applications you are using where the issue is occuring? Or if you could provide the complete project file of yours, that would be great.

We tested the ad unit ID using our Ad Manager sample application, and we were able to see ads being served as expected (attached screenshot). Thus, kindly verify on your end if you are using the right application along with your ad unit ID.

Regards,

img01.png

Louis Toh

Feb 19, 2021, 4:00:18 AM2/19/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thanks for testing out. I'm using the sample application named "Ad Manager Banner Example". But if you changed the sample application ID to the ID I provided earlier (com.insxxxx.axx) then you will get the error message.

Regards,
Louis.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 19, 2021, 5:03:30 AM2/19/21
to prima...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lous,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation. It looks like you are using an Android app ID which is not applicable. You should use the Ad Manager app ID instead on this format: ca-app-pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx~yyyyyyyyyy

For reference, you can check out this link for more information regarding the Ad Manager app ID.

Regards,

Louis Toh

Feb 19, 2021, 5:16:00 AM2/19/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I'm sorry for misleading you. I'm talking about the package ID, not the Ad Manager app ID. If you changed the sample project package ID to my package ID, the error code "ERROR_CODE_NO_FILL" will show.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 19, 2021, 11:09:44 AM2/19/21
to prima...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Louis,

Thank you for the response back. The package name does not have any effect on the SDK as it is not something that we use in the SDK directly. The fact that by changing the package name causes the crashes would seem to point to an issue with the package name or something relate to the app/package. This in turn is then causing the app to not be able to fecth an ad for you.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2CSOQD:ref

Louis Toh

Feb 19, 2021, 8:55:01 PM2/19/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,
Louis.
Message has been deleted

Nisha Sudani

Jan 4, 2023, 5:22:21 AM1/4/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Ads not showing for correct app package name
Live ads from Google Ad Manager are not showing on correct app package name (eg. com.android.test) and returns the error below
{
      "Code": 3,
      "Message": "No ad config.",
      "Domain": "com.google.android.gms.ads",
      "Cause": "null",
      "Response Info": {
        "Response ID": "null",
        "Mediation Adapter Class Name": "",
        "Adapter Responses": []
      }
}

app-ads.txt all added ad serving last 1.5 year now some device ads come and some device not showing ads not said any other answer i am using google patner adx adx name GAMOB

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jan 4, 2023, 1:44:33 PM1/4/23
to droiddevl...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nisha,

Thank you for posting your concern on our forum thread. However, we would recommend to refrain from opening multiple thread with the same concern for better tracking of the issue. Let's continue our discussion on this thread instead.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie