adMob promotion - in-ad rating shows more ratings than play store...

Laurence Werner

Mar 29, 2014, 11:40:10 AM3/29/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just finished designing a text banner ad for promoting my app, and I noticed that there is a rather large discrepancy in the amount of ratings displayed on ad banner and the amount displayed in the Play Store.

My app has 1462 ratings in the play store / developer console, but the ad shows 1892 ratings.

Where are these 430 mystery ratings coming from? Is it just a glitch?

Thank you!

Eric Leichtenschlag

Mar 31, 2014, 5:05:31 PM3/31/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Honestly I'm not sure. I'd expect these numbers to be pulled directly from the Google Play store, so they should be fairly accurate