Wp8 impressions down?

Kak

Jun 26, 2014, 8:37:01 AM6/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm around 70~80% down on the number of impressions for WP8 today. Yesterday (at the end of the day) was quite low too. Android seems to be fine.

Is somebody else experience WP8 impressions down?

Thanks!
Kak

Anh Nguyen

Jun 26, 2014, 9:36:37 AM6/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Me too!

Vào 19:37:01 UTC+7 Thứ năm, ngày 26 tháng sáu năm 2014, Kak đã viết:

Phát Đỗ

Jun 26, 2014, 9:54:18 AM6/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Me too!

Vào 05:37:01 UTC-7 Thứ năm, ngày 26 tháng sáu năm 2014, Kak đã viết:

Hoàng Trung Đức

Jun 26, 2014, 10:20:03 AM6/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
me too!!!!

Vào 19:37:01 UTC+7 Thứ năm, ngày 26 tháng sáu năm 2014, Kak đã viết:
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Thành Duyệt Nguyễn

Jun 26, 2014, 11:11:21 AM6/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Me too,
Hope you will fix it soon, my Admob :(

Олег Савицкий

Jun 26, 2014, 3:42:36 PM6/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Please tell me what happened and how to fix it.

JH

Jun 26, 2014, 7:00:45 PM6/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Me too. However, since AdMob refuses to address the crippling bug in interstitials crashing in WP8, I don't even bother checking my WP8 money anymore. Revenue down is 5c a day versus 50c a day - who cares....

Yengmeng Thao

Jun 26, 2014, 7:23:50 PM6/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Me too! it start when admob fixed crash for ads full screen Yesterday.

Anatoly Lubarsky

Jun 26, 2014, 8:53:45 PM6/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Same here.
Requests reported are low yesterday and today for all WP8 apps.

Anyone from Admob team can comment?

Ronak Manglani

Jun 27, 2014, 2:11:15 AM6/27/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I was getting 6-7$ in a day and today I got just 1.5$

Thiên Quang

Jun 27, 2014, 4:53:58 AM6/27/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I debug application then receive bug.

An exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in Microsoft.Phone.ni.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary
An exception of type 'System.UnauthorizedAccessException' occurred in Microsoft.Phone.ni.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\System.Core.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly'.
An exception of type 'System.SystemException' occurred in Microsoft.Phone.Interop.ni.dll and wasn't handled before a managed/native boundary
'TaskHost.exe' (CLR C:\windows\system32\coreclr.dll: Silverlight AppDomain): Loaded 'C:\windows\system32\Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamerServices.ni.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.

Razib Cohen

Jun 27, 2014, 11:16:12 AM6/27/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Same here :(

Anatoly Lubarsky

Jun 27, 2014, 11:16:25 AM6/27/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

Please notify Admob support about the problem.

Kak

Jun 27, 2014, 4:44:57 PM6/27/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Craig Trought

Jun 28, 2014, 12:58:44 AM6/28/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Same issue for me on WP8. I am switching back to Pubcenter.

Ronak Manglani

Jun 28, 2014, 1:01:28 AM6/28/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Don't bother. PubCenter is a joke. I've experienced it.They don't even pay 1/4th of AdMob. You can try adrotator if you want and use them in combination.
Message has been deleted

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Jun 30, 2014, 6:57:47 PM6/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Can you try upgrading to the latest version, 6.5.13?

Amy Quispe

Anatoly Lubarsky

Jun 30, 2014, 7:02:24 PM6/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amy

Can you please explain why this is related?
The drop started on June 25 and it is not client side related since we did not make any changes.

There is a problem on the server side or/and reporting issue.
There is a drop in reported requests of 60-70%.

thanks

Jack Cole

Jun 30, 2014, 8:30:25 PM6/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I tried updating the SDK to the latest version, and it appears to have the same problem.  It loads 1 ad only.  It shows it receives another ad when I programmatically request another ad, but the ad never changes.

Anatoly Lubarsky

Jun 30, 2014, 8:45:24 PM6/30/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
But the problem is on the Google Admob servers side.
It worked well until June 25th. They should roll back the server-side changes to fix the problem.

I also can't notice any change with the new SDK.
Not to mention it's impossible to stop everything and update the SDK and deploy and wait for review and then wait for all users to update the app which may take very long time.
Meanwhile we are loosing money :(

CC

Jul 1, 2014, 12:55:34 AM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Same problem here, around 50% less than usual without any explanation.

Mine KANDİL

Jul 1, 2014, 8:29:29 AM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amy, this updates is not for wp8 its work with wp8.1 apps please fix it

Tore Lervik

Jul 1, 2014, 8:43:22 AM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Today requests are up again. But clicks are way down. CTR went from 5% to 0.5%

Anatoly Lubarsky

Jul 1, 2014, 8:51:51 AM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I can't confirm.
Also, today just started and need to take into account a certain delay in reporting.

Tore Lervik

Jul 1, 2014, 8:59:13 AM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Here is a screenshot of what I see. Something started the 25th. And today looks even worse (but might be a delay in reporting).

luiss...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2014, 9:34:49 AM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Please Amy, can you take care of this?
It's been a week now :(

mexdeveloper

Jul 1, 2014, 12:39:59 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
- Yes 6.5.13 fix it,  gradually

mexdeveloper

Jul 1, 2014, 12:41:57 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
But clicks are way down

Anatoly Lubarsky

Jul 1, 2014, 1:07:15 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
6.5.13 does not fix it.
There is a server issue which is on the Google side.

6.5.13 introduces another bug where the ad is refreshed despite the fact that the page is in the background and not visible so you can see more requests.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-admob-ads-sdk/FZnm7BTlGj4

Ronak Manglani

Jul 1, 2014, 1:10:25 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
6.5.13 only works on WP8.1
Currently, less than 5% of the WP users have upgraded to 8.1, so it's pretty much useless. We need a fix for WP8
Besides that, I do not wish to retarget my app to 8.1 and drop support for 8 users.

mexdeveloper

Jul 1, 2014, 1:13:12 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
not use XAML to display the ads

mexdeveloper

Jul 1, 2014, 1:15:40 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I have apps with target 8.0, but I have not tested these on a 8.0 device.
do not use XAML, load them programmatically

Ronak Manglani

Jul 1, 2014, 1:18:25 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I am loading them via code, not XAML. I have interstitial ads, they don't work with XAML.
The problem is not with how you display the ads, but with the DLL itself. The DLL file cannot be added to the references of an 8.0 app

Anatoly Lubarsky

Jul 1, 2014, 1:22:13 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
@Ronak
I am loading the ad with code (banner)
It is working for me on VS 2012 and the reference is added without a problem.

Ronak Manglani

Jul 1, 2014, 1:24:52 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting this error (Using Visual Studio 2013 with Update 2)
Error.png

mexdeveloper

Jul 1, 2014, 1:29:23 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
mmmmm, It is working for me on VS 2013 with Update 2 and the reference is added without a problem.

Ronak Manglani

Jul 1, 2014, 1:32:40 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Can you upload the the GoogleAds.dll and GoogleAds.xml file that you have? I'll try that

mexdeveloper

Jul 1, 2014, 1:41:05 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I'm at work, coming to my house I send the dll.
You can try adding just the dll file before you delete the xml file.
the xml file is generated again when the reference

Anatoly Lubarsky

Jul 1, 2014, 1:48:42 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
dll attached to this message.

I can add it without a problem although I think it has some critical bugs like the ad is refreshed on the pages currently invisible, etc.

--

---

regards,
Anatoly Lubarsky
windowsphone8.zip

Ronak Manglani

Jul 1, 2014, 1:54:32 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I tried the DLL you gave. Still getting the same error message. Tried replacing it on all my apps, still the same..

luiss...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2014, 1:56:25 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

luiss...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2014, 1:57:53 PM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure?
Message has been deleted

Kak

Jul 2, 2014, 4:46:10 AM7/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
right now the impressions and rRPM seem quite normal on my account today. The problem may have been fixed (I did not have time to switch to 6.5.13 yet)

Ronak Manglani

Jul 2, 2014, 5:06:51 AM7/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Neither have I got time to update. And I don't play to either. People are reporting all sorts of bugs. I think we should wait for a stable release. Till then 6.5.11 is working fine as ads are loading normally on it.

Anatoly Lubarsky

Jul 2, 2014, 5:12:25 AM7/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
same here
I have an app with 6.5.13 and the app without and the improvement rate is similar

Razib Cohen

Jul 2, 2014, 7:30:19 AM7/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Try this:
Right click on "GoogleAds.dll" and go to properties. Now select unblock and press ok.

Impressions are still down for 50%. Please google fix it soon...

mexdeveloper

Jul 2, 2014, 8:57:04 AM7/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
admob (6.5.13 or 6.5.11) on windows phone with big problems, sadness

There is a server issue which is on the Google side.

Craig Trought

Jul 2, 2014, 11:35:29 AM7/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Did google take the week off?

luiss...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2014, 5:42:33 AM7/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
It's ok now, but with the latest update I get 0.3% CTR!!
I think they overlooked at it, I went from 1K to 8K over one day!!

Quinta-feira, 26 de Junho de 2014 12:37:01 UTC, Kak escreveu:
Hi!

I'm around 70~80% down on the number of impressions for WP8 today. Yesterday (at the end of the day) was quite low too. Android seems to be fine.

Is somebody else experience WP8 impressions down?

Thanks!
Kak

tran tien Long

Jul 3, 2014, 8:40:16 AM7/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I have tried with SDK version 6.5.13 but Ads don't refresh.

mexdeveloper

Jul 3, 2014, 10:22:50 AM7/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Someone who can attach the SDK version 6.5.11, I want back my apps, but my delete file.. help

Anatoly Lubarsky

Jul 3, 2014, 10:54:08 AM7/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
@mexdeveloper

6.5.11
6.5.11.zip

mexdeveloper

Jul 3, 2014, 12:02:42 PM7/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks !!
Message has been deleted

Focus Solf

Jul 3, 2014, 3:31:59 PM7/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
One week, i lost my money, but no signal fix it from admob.i can't believe my revenue drop more than 60% while number downloads still increasing. Admob! what are you doing!
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

duong tuan

Jul 4, 2014, 2:39:55 PM7/4/14

On Thursday, June 26, 2014 5:37:01 AM UTC-7, Kak wrote:
Hi!

I'm around 70~80% down on the number of impressions for WP8 today. Yesterday (at the end of the day) was quite low too. Android seems to be fine.

Is somebody else experience WP8 impressions down?

Thanks!
Kak

After update new version from 27/6
my pageview increase 30% but ecom drop 80%.
you must fix it soon, Admob :(

Jo

Jul 7, 2014, 7:34:25 PM7/7/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I looking forward new SDK version for windows phone 8, because with 6.5.13 Request is an increase but CTR and Income is a decrease.

Jo

Jul 7, 2014, 7:51:10 PM7/7/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
And Ads always don't refresh, please fix it !

Vào 06:34:25 UTC+7 Thứ ba, ngày 08 tháng bảy năm 2014, Jo đã viết:

Ronak Manglani

Jul 8, 2014, 12:31:12 AM7/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I don't think the increased request has anything to do with the 6.5.13. Im still using 6.5.11 and getting the same result (increased request, decreased clicks and revenue)

luiss...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2014, 5:58:34 AM7/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Yes, they increased impressions but clicks and revenue remains the same, very very low

Craig Trought

Jul 11, 2014, 6:56:35 PM7/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Does admob have employees that work during the summer? Or are the kids on holidays for the summer?

yucely

Jul 12, 2014, 6:04:28 AM7/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
My interstitial ad's CTR is still around 0.5% (down from 10%), its revenue is still so low even with increasing impression count. I am about to switch to another ad network if Admob continues leaving us without any response about this horrible case.

Jo

Jul 13, 2014, 5:22:53 AM7/13/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
My income down around 70% :(
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Craig Trought

Jul 15, 2014, 9:39:53 PM7/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I am living on the streets now because of AdMob.

Sent from my Blackberry Bold on the corner of Yonge and Main St.

helferg

Jul 16, 2014, 10:36:45 AM7/16/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Support response: avoid accidental clicks.

The team of engineers told me that they recently changed the way we consider clicks made in interstitials.
If the user clicks the interstitial within 1 second after the appearance of the ad, we will ignore this click. All clicks made after the first second will be recorded normally.
To maximize your revenue, see the placements of interstitials to ensure they are not subject to accidental clicks. Please follow the best practices of implementation: https://support.google.com/admob/v2/answer/2936217?hl=en&ref_topic=2936214
This is one of several quality improvements we are making in the network constantly to benefit users, publishers and announcers in the long run.

------------------

Ronak Manglani

Jul 16, 2014, 12:24:02 PM7/16/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
This is a horrible decision! Everyone here is angry because of this. And I haven't even earned 1/3rd of what I did in the last month. I think it's time to start moving to another ad network. Anyone here can suggest me a good adnetwork for WP8? I don't think I can trust google anymore. They might reduce our income even more in future...

Jack Cole

Jul 16, 2014, 10:07:41 PM7/16/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
It's not just affecting interstitials.  I'm not running any and the banner revenue is less than 1/2 of what it was.

--

---

luiss...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2014, 4:37:07 AM7/17/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Why don't you contact admob support? I would, but I don't have enough historical data.

Ronak Manglani

Jul 19, 2014, 4:18:14 AM7/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I noticed a slight increase in clicks yesterday (on 18th) and a some in revenue too. Is it the same for others? Or just a coincidence for me today
Message has been deleted

mexdeveloper

Jul 19, 2014, 4:46:44 PM7/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
No, i still with 90% down revenue

Ronak Manglani

Jul 20, 2014, 12:53:24 AM7/20/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Same here now. I guess I just got a little extra impressions on 18th, maybe that's why. But still its very low. Do you know any other ad network which isn't so unreliable? I need to start shifting my apps to it..

mexdeveloper

Jul 21, 2014, 4:48:32 PM7/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
@Ronak Manglani Which SDK version you are using?