"No prefab found" when RewardedAd.LoadAd

Kris Chen

Jun 30, 2022, 12:27:17 PM6/30/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi all

I tried the sample code from sample project in , basically followed the same steps as below:
AdRequest ad = new AdRequest.Builder().AddKeyword("unity-admob-sample").Build();
string adUnitId = "unused"; (since I demo on Editor)
rewardedAd = new RewardedAd(adUnitId);
rewardedAd.LoadAd(ad);

However, the debug log window popped up "No prefab found" after rewardedAd.LoadAd(ad); then the "video ad failed to show, because no ad loaded". What's the possible reason causes the load video behavior fail on my project? Because I could run the sample project successfully, Is it due to I didn't upgrade my admob plugin to latest version?

Thank you.

Best,

Kris

Kris Chen

Jun 30, 2022, 8:00:10 PM6/30/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Update:

Whatever the adUnitId value I tried always cause the rewardedAd.LoadAd failed in my project ( even though I followed the same step with sample project, and the only difference from my project& sample project is the Google Ad Mob version, any information I should provide for finding a fix? (the issue happens on unity project. )

Thank you.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 30, 2022, 10:13:49 PM6/30/22
to kris...@nianticlabs.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kris,

Thank you for raising this to us.

With regard to your concern, it's odd that you were getting that kind behavior when in fact our sample app works on your end. Could you please confirm/try the following?
  • Are you using your live ad units? If so, could you please try to use our demo ad units instead?
  • We always recommend our users to use the latest version of the SDK. With this, could you also try to update as well, then let me know how it goes?
Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team