Re: Promoting Amazon App Store App - Invalid Ad url - amzn://apps/android?p=mypackagename

Message has been deleted

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Dec 26, 2013, 3:34:31 PM12/26/13
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stefan,

Are you still having problems with this? You might want to checkout some of the functions provided here.

Hope this helps!

Amy Quispe

On Wednesday, December 18, 2013 5:30:59 AM UTC-5, Stefan wrote:
I am using Admob with an app released on the Amazon App Store.
I tried to create a house ad campaign to promote another app on that store.
The direct link to call the Amazon App store is amzn://apps/android?p=mypackagename.
That protocol works on all devices that have the Amazon App Store app installed.
Using the web link http://... is not an option for me since this campaign will only be visible to users that have installed my other app through the Amazon App Store.
I have already created a website promotion for that app, but that's not the most effective way to drive downloads from the Amazon App Store.

This happens:
I can not create a banner ad due to this error: "Invalid Url format" with the destination url for the ad.

Question:
Is this really an issue, or do I miss something.
In case it is, is Admob aware of that issue and working on a solution or will the Amazon App Store protocol never be supported for house ads or paid ads or both?

Thanks.