AdMob SDK for Windows Phone 8

waqas...@tkxel.com

Jul 15, 2014, 5:41:19 AM7/15/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am very happy to see the update of AdMob to 6.5.13.
It solved many critical issues.

There are some issues that i identified in new SDK. which are
  • When we click the interstitial Ad  , Ad should be dismissed but it stays until we press the cross button.
  • Every time i have to create a new InterstitialAd object as loadAd() method gives stale Interstitial error.
It would be very helpful if you solve these issues.Thanks

regards,

Waqas Anwar
Software Engineer.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jul 16, 2014, 6:42:05 PM7/16/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Waqas,

I think these are both working as intended.

1. Interstitials must explicitly be closed using the close button. Depending on the ad, clicking an interstitial itself could take you to the web browser, for example.
2. Interstitials are a one-time use object. This is also enforced in the iOS SDK as well. It is required to use a new InterstitialAd object to load the interstitial.

Thanks,
Eric

JH

Jul 18, 2014, 12:46:59 PM7/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Im soon to complain so Im also soon to say Thanks! Interstitial ads do indeed work now in  6.5.13 - no more crashing on hitting the back button after visiting an ad.  :)\

Waqas Anwar

Nov 27, 2014, 6:25:26 AM11/27/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have updated my windows phone 8 to windows phone 8.1 and Ads are not showing since then. It always gives the error code NetworkError.
Help me to figure out whats wrong. Is it SDK's issue or windows phone OS issue.

regards,

Waqas Anwar

Arpit Sharma

Dec 31, 2014, 1:10:59 AM12/31/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Now I try to use banner add but there is network error in example project, which provided by google. Is any direct solution for this?

Waqas Anwar

Dec 31, 2014, 1:21:14 AM12/31/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Which windows phone 8 OS you are using ?

--

---

Best Regards,

Waqas Anwar