RDP Parameter - Android

Lior Dahan

Nov 29, 2021, 4:06:41 AM11/29/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I'd like to compliance with the CCPA so I followed your documentation (https://developers.google.com/admob/android/ccpa) regarding the CCPA and the rdp parameter.

I noticed that I need to save that flag on an activity default preferences.
Does it mean that this flag is activity based? Or can we make it the same flag for the whole application? If we can, how can we do that?

Thanks,
Lior Dahan
Android Developer.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Nov 29, 2021, 9:34:23 AM11/29/21
to lior....@moovit.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lior,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.  Having looked over this. The answer is you would only need to create the rdp once if you store it in the sharedPreference , which we would advise. Otherwise, if you to do not do that. Then yes you would have to do it every time on every activity. As for how to work with sharedPreference here is a link talking about it.

Regards,
Google Logo
William Pescherine
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2RwliU:ref

Lior Dahan

Nov 30, 2021, 3:56:10 AM11/30/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi William,

Just to make sure I understand, if I want to store it once, do I need to store it in the application default shared preferences?
SharedPreferences sharedPreferences = PreferenceManager.getDefaultSharedPreferences(getApplicationContext());

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Nov 30, 2021, 5:27:53 PM11/30/21
to lior....@moovit.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lior,

Thank you for the response. Yes, if you put it into the applications sharedPreference this should then only need to be done once. And can then be accessed at anytime through that.

Hermawan Winata

Feb 12, 2023, 10:03:01 PM2/12/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi William,

Can the documentation (https://developers.google.com/admob/android/privacy/ccpa) be updated based on this knowledge to make it official?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Feb 13, 2023, 3:33:54 AM2/13/23
to shin...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hermawan,

Thank you for following up. Allow me to submit a feature request as a documentation update. Kindly keep an eye on our developer page for updates regarding this.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2RwliU:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Feb 22, 2023, 12:23:45 PM2/22/23
to shin...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Hermawan,

Our documentation on RDP parameter has now been updated.

Thanks!

Regards,
Joshua

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2RwliU:ref

Hermawan Winata

Feb 25, 2023, 3:33:13 AM2/25/23
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi Joshua and Teejay,

Thank you for the updates. Using Application SharedPreferences is way simpler in my case.