Question about Timed out waiting for ad response. Scheduling ad refresh 60000 milliseconds from now.

Laurence Werner

Mar 19, 2014, 1:22:41 PM3/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to change the "reaction" of when an ad request times out waiting for ad response.

I would like for onAdFailedToLoad() in AdListenner to be called immediately after the ad request times out (or perhaps 5000ms after).

More specifically:
I am trying to get a custom activity to launch when the original request for my interstitial fails
interstitial.setAdListener(new AdListener()

{

@Override

public void onAdLoaded()

{
 displayInterstitial
();

super.onAdLoaded();

}

@Override

public void onAdFailedToLoad(int errorCode)

{

Intent intent = new Intent(getApplicationContext(),

FailToLoadActivity.class);
 startActivity
(intent);

super.onAdFailedToLoad(errorCode);

}

});

I would like this custom activity to launch when:
- users are using adblocker
- users are not connected to internet
(which, I suppose, is pretty much the same thing as if I am not mistaken adblockers simply prevent communication with the adserver?)

Thank you!

William Ferguson

Mar 19, 2014, 11:44:33 PM3/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Already answered on StackOverflow.

Basically don't call #displayInterstitial from AdListener#onAdReceived. It is almost certainly causing your pain and also provides a very poor user experience.

William

Laurence Werner

Mar 20, 2014, 10:33:39 AM3/20/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again for your help with this issue William

For anyone having a similar issue, here is the link to the full SO conversation: