[Urgent Error] Inline Adaptive Banner

Muhammed

Jun 21, 2024, 6:38:33 AM (7 days ago) Jun 21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello, I have reviewed the official sources below to use banner advertising in recyclerview. But there is a problem here and it needs to be fixed or even a solution should be found from the beginning.

If the number of items you want to display in the recyclerview is large, for example there are 1000 items. It would not be healthy to add and load ads with a for loop before making this list setAdapter. Because if the user exits the activity during installation, the application will continue to send ad requests in the background until it is completely closed. This will lead to application leaks and unnecessary resource consumption. Additionally, requesting an ad after every 10 items may cause the application to violate Admob. Instead, a new sample should be made with a method such as pagination. Moreover, it is not right to upload ad requests in advance, as this may cause a policy violation. Instead, I give an example according to the pagination logic, an ad should be loaded for every 10 items loaded.

Could you please forward this situation to the authorized team?

Source 1) https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-android-examples/blob/master/java/advanced/BannerRecyclerViewExample/app/src/main/java/com/google/android/gms/example/bannerrecyclerviewexample/MainActivity.java

Source 2)   https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-android-examples/blob/main/java/advanced/InlineAdaptiveBannerExample/app/src/main/java/com/google/android/gms/example/inlineadaptivebannerexample/MainActivity.java

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 21, 2024, 12:19:35 PM (6 days ago) Jun 21
to 4d756861...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Muhammed,

Thank you for raising this concern.

When the application enters the background state the AdView must be paused hence ad requests should not be sent. I'll check with the alternatives that you have mentioned and will raise this concern to the wider team. We will notify you when we have further updates on the issue. Meanwhile your patience is highly appreciable.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJQYz:ref" (ADR-00243189)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team