Smart banner returning error code `Ad failed to load: 3`.

Htoo Eain Lwin

May 30, 2022, 5:57:09 AM5/30/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

Since I wanna try how smart banner ad unit appear on my app,
I created a new ad unit with smart banner setting. As I understand that
  • Smart Banner: Supported for mobile apps only. Allows Ad Manager to choose the largest creative that will fit into the available space at the time of an ad request.
I have lots of ad units, creative and line items which are already running and active. But after implementing new ad unit which is with smart banner setting in android app as mobile application tag, there's an error raised in mobile adview that is Ad failed to load: 3.

Do I need to create another line item specific for smart banner ad unit? if so, How? Since I don't know which size for smart banner ad unit. If not, what else I have to do for it to show active line items creatives?

best regards,

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

May 30, 2022, 11:17:24 AM5/30/22
to htooeai...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

With regard to your concern for smart banner, kindly note that this is already deprecated as per our documentation guide. We highly encourage you to try the newer adaptive banners instead. Smart banner being deprecated might be the reason why you're encountering an ad failed to load : 3.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team