iOS Keyboard Covering Ads

Jeremy Herrero

Jul 28, 2014, 1:48:23 PM7/28/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

There is a messaging function in the app we are building in which we wish to have a banner ad at the bottom of the screen. When the keyboard appears, we want to keep the ad under the keyboard. I have seen some apps do this; cover ads temporarily with the keyboard. Perhaps covering an ad with the keyboard is an exception?  Or perhaps AdMob has a restriction on this?

I know that you are not allowed to cover up ads, but is the keyboard and exception to this? I'm having trouble finding a definitive answer in the documentation. I would not be surprised if the answer to this particular use case is not directly/officially stated.

Thanks!

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jul 28, 2014, 8:37:30 PM7/28/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Unoffically, I'd say that the keyboard is an exception to the rule. It's definitely a better user experience than having the ad hover on top of the keyboard.