Problem showing Ads: Code 3, No ad config

Lukas

Apr 6, 2022, 8:49:32 AM4/6/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Im having difficulty getting test ads AND real ads to show in my Android app, when my device is set to be a Test Device in AdMob settings.

Previously I tested my app extensively using test ad unit IDs from here:  https://developers.google.com/admob/android/test-ads

The test ad units worked very well. I was able to get rewarded ads displaying successfully. So I feel that my implementation is ok.

But now I want to test my app more comprehensive and I want to push it to production. So I started using my own real ad unit IDs and I added my Pixel4a as a test device in AdMob settings

Now ads never display. I get the following error:

Rejection from 'advert' handler 'CreateRewardedAdvert': rewarded ad failed to load
Uncaught (in promise) {
  "Code": 3,
  "Message": "No ad config.",
  "Domain": "com.google.android.gms.ads",
  "Cause": "null",
  "Response Info": {
    "Response ID": "null",
    "Mediation Adapter Class Name": "",
    "Adapter Responses": []
  }
}

I understand that Code 3 means the ERROR_CODE_NO_FILL, so its not a problem with implementation. It can be a serving issue, ie there are no ads to show for some reason.

BUT why would test ads fail??? I dont see test ads, with my phone added as a test device?
-------
I have done many of the obvious things recommended by support:
-I have linked my app in AdMob to GooglePlay.
-I have made sure my payment and billing details are up-to-date in AdMob, AdSense, GoogleAds.
-I dont have any policy violations.. (one app with restricted ads, not litsed as 'Must Fix').
-I dont have app-ads.txt but I understood it's not essential?

I have read all the relevant support documentation... I dont know what to do here.

Is there anything you guys can do to help with this?
I can send any details about the app privately?

Lukas

Apr 6, 2022, 11:46:11 AM4/6/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Well about 3 hrs after posting this ads started working  for me (test and real), so I posted too soon.

I didnt change anything in the way ads were implemented in my game. So it must have been something I updated / fixed in my Google accounts.

In case its useful to anyone else who has the same problem:

-Make sure you check payment / billing details are current not just in your Admob account, but in your linked Adsense and Google Ad accounts as well. You can see them in Admob > Settings > Account info. If you have expired credit card details in Google Ads or Adsense that can apparently stuff up AdMob.
-There is another setting in Admob > Settings > Account info > seller info. I read on another support thread that needs to be set to 'transparent'.
-Make sure you have details entered under Admob > Payment > Settings > United States tax info
-You dont need app-ads.txt. I'm not using that file and ads have started working for me.

These are all things I updated over the last couple of days in my accounts. So not sure which settings allowed ads to start showing. Probably all of them.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Apr 7, 2022, 3:33:49 AM4/7/22
to littlegam...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for sharing this to all. If you have any other concern related to the implementation of Google Mobile Ads SDK, kindly provide us the details. We'll happy to assist you.

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela
Mobile Ads SDK Team