Does ads -free app version need Advertising ID by August 1st?

Nezneika Hami

Jul 17, 2014, 11:36:29 PM7/17/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I do not fully understand the new Policy which is available from August 1st.
If I do not use any kind of Ads in my paid version app, do I need to add Gooogle Play Service library, so that it is include the Advertising ID?

Thanks.

Albert Gazetdinov

Jul 18, 2014, 6:12:17 AM7/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
If you use admob, after August 1, you must use Google Play service for program updates on Google Play.

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Jul 18, 2014, 6:50:04 PM7/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nezneika,

You don't need to worry about Advertising ID if you're not publishing ads.

Amy Quispe

Nezneika Hami

Jul 18, 2014, 11:36:09 PM7/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Amy, it is clear now.

Best regards,
Hami

Nezneika Hami

Jul 18, 2014, 11:37:23 PM7/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Albert,

I know it is needed to use Google Play Service with Admob, and I implemented it without issue already.
Thanks.