Integration of AdMob on WindowsPhone 8.1 app

Louise Cypher

Sep 27, 2014, 4:26:46 PM9/27/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I need to integrate AdMob into WindowsPhone 8.1 version of my game and have some trouble with this ;]
My game is cross-platform (Android/iOS/WinPhone8.1).
Writen mainly in C++ (some jni calls on android, some objective-c on iOS).
I see that AdMob SDK for windows phone is in NET assembly, so to call it from C++ I'v created 'Windows runtime component' library, created class within and I'm abble to successfully create instance of this class in my C++ (ref new)
In this c# class I'm creating InterstitialAd but this call fails with exception I cannot debug (callstack inside googleAds.dll)

The output is:

'RoboticaWP8_Win32_static_debug.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'U:\SharedData\PhoneTools\AppxLayouts\edab871e-e04f-4fd9-a6db-51728f935571VS.Debug_Win32.Louise\GoogleAds.dll'.
'RoboticaWP8_Win32_static_debug.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\system32\SYSTEM.CORE.NI.DLL'.
First-chance exception at 0x770B210B in RoboticaWP8_Win32_static_debug.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: EEFileLoadException at memory location 0x0288CD9C.
First-chance exception at 0x770B210B in RoboticaWP8_Win32_static_debug.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: [rethrow] at memory location 0x00000000.
First-chance exception at 0x770B210B in RoboticaWP8_Win32_static_debug.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: [rethrow] at memory location 0x00000000.

any idea what might be wrong (I'm testing both on emulator (x86) and on device (ARM) - effect is still that same
the file GoogleAds.dll resides in the same directory as executable and it seems that it is loaded just fine, mut creating any object
from it leads to this exception (i'v tried new InterstitialAd  and new AdRequest)

the test project attached to the AdMob sdk works just fine

thanks for any information

Louise Cypher

Sep 27, 2014, 5:20:19 PM9/27/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
hmmm it seems that I'v pin-pointed the couse
googleAds.dll cannot find one of it's dependencies in System.Windows assembly on WP8.1
'Cannot find type System.Windows.Controls.UserControl in module System.Windows.dll'

If I compile my striped down test as WP8 - adMob works, if I retarget to WP8.1 - it fails
(sadly my engine and game needs some WP8.1 features from DX11.1 land (shader reflections))
(wp8.1 silverlight is not an option too - missing shaders reflection feature from dx11.1)

Is there any trick to allow admob in WP8.1 app - or I need to wait for new SDK and hope it will support 8.1 ?

Hazem El-Sisy

Oct 1, 2014, 7:56:47 AM10/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I have the same issue with admob sdk for windows phone 8.1

Martin Z

Jul 23, 2015, 9:39:20 AM7/23/15
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers, szatan...@gmail.com
have you managed to fix it?