How to know if test ads are working?

Adrian Bureu

Jun 11, 2014, 12:15:57 AM6/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
In xcode the ads through the iphone simulator look the same when I enable test ads as when I disable them. How do I know if the test ads are working? I don't want to click on the ads to avoid generating false impressions.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jun 12, 2014, 2:59:47 PM6/12/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
The AdMob test ads currently look like the ads in this post.

To get test ads in your simulator, add the GAD_SIMULATOR_ID the request.testDevices property:

GADRequest *request = [GADRequest request];

request
.testDevices = @{
  GAD_SIMULATOR_ID
}

Thanks,
Eric

Adrian Bureu

Jun 16, 2014, 5:18:45 PM6/16/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
This is the code I have but the test ads aren't showing up, only the real ads.

bannerView_ = [[GADBannerView alloc] initWithAdSize:kGADAdSizeBanner];
    bannerView_.adUnitID = @"xxx";
    bannerView_.rootViewController = self;
    [self.view addSubview:bannerView_];

    GADRequest *request = [GADRequest request];

    request.testDevices = [NSArray arrayWithObjects:
    @"xxx",
    nil];

    [bannerView_ loadRequest:[GADRequest request]];

--

---

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jun 18, 2014, 2:29:25 PM6/18/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
The last line is your issue. You want to say this:

[bannerView_ loadRequest:request];

Your code above is creating the request object, but is loading the ad with a new request object instead of the one with test devices added.

Thanks,
Eric
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to google-admob-ads-sdk+unsub...@googlegroups.com.