Upgrade required for iOS 14 & IDFA?

J. Yaunches

Jul 30, 2020, 9:53:28 AM7/30/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
HI there,

We're trying to get our release roadmap organized for iOS 14 coming in September. Would like to know if we should be planning a need to upgrade our Google-Mobile-Ads-SDK cocoapod to the latest version.

Things of note:

Our ads platform & app are currently using IDFA in conjunction with the Google-Mobile-Ads-SDK to deliver customized ads.

We need to know if this upgrade will be required and should be allocated time in our roadmap between now and iOS 14 release.

Thanks,

J.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 30, 2020, 12:26:57 PM7/30/20
to jmya...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
HI J,

Thank you for bringing this question to our attention.

From what I have knowledge of I do believe that you will need to upgrade the cocoapod for this update. Especially because of the changes being made with a few things related to. iOS 14.

But to get you a better answer and more information so as to better let you plan your roadmap. I will bring this to my team. To let them have a review of this. Also see if there is more information that we can pass along that could be of assistance to you.

Regards,
William Pescherine
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q22aJC2:ref

Kenneth Ljungh

Aug 5, 2020, 6:07:42 AM8/5/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello

Any updates on this?
I think many of us are waiting for more information on this topic.

J. Yaunches

Aug 18, 2020, 9:46:44 AM8/18/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi there.. September is getting close. What's the status on this?

Andreas Wunderlich

Aug 18, 2020, 9:52:58 AM8/18/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

you can check out the Release Notes for the AdMob SDK for iOS:

There was a release on 2020-08-11 for which the release notes say that it deals with the iOS 14 IDFA consent prompt.

Kind regards,
Andreas