GMA adapter is returning Error Code 3 (No fill) for very long time

Michael Zhu

Jun 12, 2024, 3:19:38 AMJun 12
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I have an Android app that has the GMA adapter (version 23) with Unity, Vungle, IronSource, and AppLovin adapters installed as well. I noticed that the providers were loading ads as normal for a while, but since yesterday, every time I try to load an ad through GMA mediation, the GMA response is always Error Code 3 (no fill).

I tried opening the ad inspector, but the only useful information is that the error message is "no fill". Looking at GMA network requests shows the same. I looked through my code base and nothing seems to have changed, and older stable releases of my app also cannot load ads.

I finally downloaded the GMA example repo (https://github.com/googleads/googleads-mobile-android-examples/tree/main/java/admanager/RewardedVideoExample) and built the AdManager Rewarded Video example, and changed the ad unit to use our existing applovin ad unit, but that also fails consistently with no fill, error code 3.

Is there anything else I can try? It just seems like a server side issue from my point of view and I haven't been able to load a single ad for about 2 days now. Before I observed periods of no fill but never this long before...

Thanks,
Michael

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 12, 2024, 5:19:50 AMJun 12
to micha...@king.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for confirming that you are able to reproduce the issue in Google Sample project. Kindly check this guide to help understand common policy issues. The "No Fill" error means an ad serving issue which indicates there are no ads available at request time. Please note this behavior isn't controlled by the Mobile Ads SDK.​​​​​​​ The next step for you would be to reach out to the Product Support Team for further assistance regarding the ad serving concern.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJISG:ref" (ADR-00239789)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

help opemipo

Jun 12, 2024, 12:43:20 PM (14 days ago) Jun 12
to Michael Zhu, Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
--

---

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 12, 2024, 3:06:01 PM (14 days ago) Jun 12
to helpop...@gmail.com, micha...@king.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Please be informed that our support channel can only best assist you with regards to Google Mobile Ads SDK implementation and technical issues. Having said that, would you be able to confirm if you have any issues with the SDK? If so, kindly elaborate it here and give full context of your concern so we can guide you accordingly.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJIuU:ref" (ADR-00239940)

Thanks,

Google Logo Mobile Ads SDK Team

Michael Zhu

Jun 12, 2024, 8:33:57 PM (14 days ago) Jun 12
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Ok. I may reach out to the product support team, it could be a configuration problem. I will keep looking and let you know if there is anything we can do wrt to the SDK implementation itself. Thanks for your attention

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 12, 2024, 10:28:17 PM (14 days ago) Jun 12
to micha...@king.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Michael,

Yes, please reach out to the Product Support Team as they are better equipped to address your concern.