Dark screen problem

sinanyusuf aydemir

Jun 15, 2020, 3:02:32 AM6/15/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
It is difficult to locate this error.
This error is seen mostly on android 8.0 huawei mate lite devices but it is rarely seen on other devices.

Many people who are running android 8.0 on their devices reported this;  Screen goes black.

So i tested it several times and i concluded the cause was bottom banner, so i deleted banner. And that solved the issue

I used unity 2017 latest en 5.6.7p4
there are both errors.
Google Mobile Ads Unity Plugin v5.1.0

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 15, 2020, 6:18:58 AM6/15/20
to sinanyus...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Thank you for reporting this. Could you please provide the following details, for us to investigate the issue further?
  • Were you able to reproduce the issue using our sample app?
  • Is the behavior occurs on a specific ad? If so, kindly provide us a Charles log (see instructions here) capturing the behavior
Please send the requested details via Reply privately to author option.

Regards,
Teejay Pimentel
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q20YsJE:ref

Alex

Jun 15, 2020, 8:11:58 AM6/15/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi guys,

I have the same problem in my projects. Can't get Charles log now,but it is connected to the special advertisments. Most people had good experience, after reloading the app. But the issue can reoccur as the same or alike ad will be presented.

I think it is something connected to the size of the banner, as I read it somethere in the internet. There was a post several years ago. It was told, that banner can't get the right size to be shown and this points to an error or black screen.

Maybe the issue connected to the Smart or Adaptive banner size.

Unity 2018.4... most of them have the same issue.

Regards

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 15, 2020, 10:31:43 AM6/15/20
to mrsh...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

If you could, please start a new post so that we can help you out specifically. Also if you can give us more details about what you are seeing and any versions of the SDK that you are using. And also the full Unity version.

Regards,
William Pescherine

sinanyusuf aydemir

Jun 15, 2020, 12:32:03 PM6/15/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I have no idea how I can reproduce this error.
I tried reproducing it many times, but there was no error.
I lost thousands of users because of this error.
especially huawei devices.

the common feature of all users is that they do not receive errors when they do not use banners

Alex

Jun 15, 2020, 1:02:40 PM6/15/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi William,

Any version of Unity 2018.4.1, 2018.4.2, ... 2018.4.21

I didn't understand, should I create different thread with the same issue described? Why? I can see many bad notes in Google Play with the same issue described from Huaywei Mate users.

I don't have Huaiwei phone, so no Charles logs from my part. But I think your engineers team has such phones and there should be kind of debug app to check many ads inside banner placement to verify the issue.

Regards

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 15, 2020, 2:40:01 PM6/15/20
to mrsh...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Yes start a new post so that we can talk with you easier. So that we can be certain to focus on you and your issue specifically.

Just copy that information and add the following items

And a brief description of what you are seeing happen on the screen. As well as steps to reproduce the issue and any error codes or logs that you have that show the issue. And the steps that reproduce the issue.