I use my own apps a lot, Would that lead to a lot of false impressions?

Ronak Manglani

Jun 11, 2014, 10:52:43 AM6/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I use few of my apps quite frequently (sometimes 4-5 times in an hour) and I'm afraid it might lead to a lot of false impressions. Would that cause some problem to my account? I'm afraid it would make them feel I'm being dishonest. Would this lead to something like a ban or deactivation of my account?

Yan Cheng Cheok

Jun 11, 2014, 11:18:54 AM6/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Just make sure you use addTestDevice in your source code to avoid false impression.

Kunal Verma

Jun 11, 2014, 11:46:05 AM6/11/14
to Google AdMob Ads Developers

For this purpose, Test Ads are meant. After including your device ID (s) with the test code, all the other devices will get real ad impressions whereas the included one(s) will receive test ads.

Their impressions/clicks are not counted.
Check out the implementation here:- https://developers.google.com/mobile-ads-sdk/docs/admob/intermediate#play-addtestdevice

--

---

Ronak Manglani

Jun 11, 2014, 1:53:58 PM6/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
It seems to me that the Test Device ID option is only available on Android. I'm working with a Windows Phone here. I just went through the docs for WP and it says that you should set the property "ForceTesting" as true. I can do that when I'm building the app, but about apps that I've already built, uploaded to store and installed on my phone from the store?

Shashidhar Yamsani

Jun 11, 2014, 10:34:24 PM6/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
If you are installing from the store, then you are like any other normal user.
So, you should not worry about it.

Kunal Verma

Jul 8, 2014, 2:59:20 AM7/8/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
@Shashidhar
Once you have included your test devices in the java code for test ads purposes, they will show test ads even if the Android app is downloaded from Google Play store. So its taken care of.