Mediation Test Suite missing classes issue

Diori

Jun 13, 2019, 9:30:46 AM6/13/19
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello,

I am trying to add Admob for rewarded ads, so I want to use it with the other network using Admob mediation.
I am using Unity 4.7.2, Google Mobile Ads Unity Plugin 3.17 (I cannot update the Unity for my project)
I could see Admob ads showing in my test, but I never saw any UnityAds inventory showing. From my Admob dashboard, it shows some succesful requests from both networks.

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 02.34.02.png

Does my UnityAds mediation works? I used it exclusively beforehand and working fine.

I tried to test with Mediation test suite, I followed the instructions, checked all the prerequisites, resolve dependencies. But it doesn't work. I got this error :

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 02.50.03 copy.png

I already imported all the requirements and SDK from the tutorials, but it seems there is still some classes missing.
Tried to find information about this error log, but cannot find any similar issue out there. Could anyone help me with this issue? Thanks beforehand

Regards,
Diori

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 13, 2019, 3:47:13 PM6/13/19
to minimo....@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Diori,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you make sure to follow the guidelines as mentioned here and first try with our sample apps and let us know? If you are still not able to resolve the issue, please share your Ad unit Id using "Reply Privately to Author" option for us to take a look. And, when trying with our sample apps, make sure to enable test ads via Unity ad network and try again.

Regards,
Deepika Uragayala
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UBn5mb:ref

Diori

Jun 14, 2019, 3:59:13 PM6/14/19
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Deepika,

Thanks for your response on my issue. I tried following the steps in a new fresh project. And I just realized that the Play Service Resolver failed to import the library dependencies. It shows this message after attempting to import Admob SDK and resolve android dependencies :

Job failed with exception: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UnityEditor.PluginImporter' from assembly 'UnityEditor, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
  at Google.VersionHandlerImpl+FileMetadataSet.ParseFromFilenames (System.String[] filenames) [0x00013] in /Users/smiles/dev/src/unity-jar-resolver/source/VersionHandlerImpl/src/VersionHandlerImpl.cs:1092

Stopped polling job due to exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at UnityEditor.ContainerWindow.NotDockedWindowID () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEditor.ContainerWindow.Save () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEditor.ContainerWindow.Close () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEditor.EditorWindow.Close () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GooglePlayServices.CommandLineDialog.Close () [0x0000a] in /Users/smiles/dev/src/unity-jar-resolver/source/PlayServicesResolver/src/CommandLineDialog.cs:218

Beforehand, I have a working Admob SDK working in my project, I think that's why I still able to show Admob ads even though I failed to import the dependencies from the recent SDKs I imported. I think this issue belong to another topic, but is there another way to download the dependencies and required SDK manually?

And based on the data shown in my dashboard I posted earlier, can you tell if the mediation is working? Because it has successful requests to UnityAds even though it doesn't have any impression yet.

Regards,
Diori

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 17, 2019, 4:21:15 PM6/17/19
to minimo....@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Diori,

It looks like an issue with the dependency injection and certainly not related to the SDK. I would recommend that you retry perhaps with a different machine or make sure that the Android SDK is pointing to the proper folder unity Unity>Preferences>External Tools. Alternatively, you can query this issue directly via Unity Support.

This error -- "Could not load type 'UnityEditor.PluginImporter' from assembly 'UnityEditor, Version" -- certainly looks like a Unity IDE specific issue.

Diori

Jun 25, 2019, 10:48:25 PM6/25/19
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hello Deepika,

Thanks for the reply. I ended up uploading the build and confirm that the mediation doesn't work even though the requests count to UnityAds is there.
I will check again in different machine as you suggested. Anyway, I'm glad switching to Admob exclusively, I see a big increase in my revenue, even I haven't got the mediation working. Thank you for your help, have a nice day!

Regards,
Diori