Help Migrating admob

Aloysius de Klerk

Jul 1, 2014, 11:17:31 AM7/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone

I need help upgrading to the new Admob.  I am a newbie and now with the new changes completely in the dark.  I just need someone to give me a step by step guide along with real life code where I can see what to do.

I also want to ask if you have any other advertisers in mind that one can use because with Google you don't get tutorials that cater for the new guys that are now pro programmers etc.  I would rather move to another company that does not require you to change so much just for a simple add.  Please I need some advice here.

How do I add play services because now in Eclipse I also get error message.  Everything is a mess all of a sudden :-( :-( Thank you in advance.

Below is the simplest way I installed adds on my apps:

The XML File below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
android:layout_width="fill_parent"
android:layout_height="fill_parent"
android:orientation="vertical"
android:background="@drawable/bg" >

  <com.google.ads.AdView
        android:id="@+id/ad"
        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
        android:layout_gravity="center"
        ads:adSize="BANNER"
        ads:adUnitId="a15924571648165b"
        ads:loadAdOnCreate="true" />

Android Manifest File:

        <activity
            android:name="com.google.ads.AdActivity"
            android:configChanges="keyboard|keyboardHidden|orientation|screenLayout|uiMode|screenSize|smallestScreenSize" />
    </application>

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Jul 2, 2014, 7:23:12 PM7/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aloysius,

To figure out what to change in this file, you should look at this migration guide.

Amy Quispe

Aloysius de Klerk

Oct 2, 2014, 4:40:28 AM10/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amy

Hope you're doing well?

Can I ask you to pretty please assist me, I really need your help.  I've designed quite a few apps and finally making a few Rands, but today I noticed this message and I am scared I might end up having to redo all 50+ apps I designed, some of the older ones I lost the keystore info. I've implemented the advice you gave me last time, and now I am able to see the test banners on my device when I test it, and expert it with the code in it. (My device was recently reset and that number/code changed, so I don't know if this is part of the problem).  See message below.

We have identified a potential advertising ID policy violation with your app(s). Please review the flagged app(s) listed in your All Applications page for details.

I've googled, youtubed, and can't find what to do.  If you need to check one of my apps or need the source code, please let me know. I am stressed out of my mind about this.

Kind Regards

Aloysius

--

---