House Ad not displaying

John Xu

Sep 2, 2014, 1:42:12 PM9/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I created a house Ad campaign two days ago. The first campaign I created use "Impression Goal". I set the goal to be 50,000 in order to make sure my house Ad will be displayed. But after 24 house I don't see the house Ad on my App (still the regular Admob ads) and the impression for campaign is 0 and click is 0.

Then I created a eCPM campaign yesterday. with eCPM to be 1.0. Now I saw NO ad on my App at all. The impression and click for the campaign stays at 0.

Anything I did wrong? I read through the thread regarding house Ad and I thought I did everything mentioned in the thread (Enabled it etc.)

Please help!

Thanks.

John
P.S. on my home screen it says "Your ad units are not displaying ads because you haven't verified your PIN. Fix this now" Will this be the culprit? Although When I click Fix it now there is nothing I can fix there. I sent an email to address verification team.

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Sep 2, 2014, 7:17:48 PM9/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

It sounds like you have to verify your PIN first.

Amy Quispe

John Xu

Sep 2, 2014, 9:14:24 PM9/2/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Amy.

Kelly from the Address verification team solved my Pin problem. Now I don't see the error messages in my Admob account. BUT the house ad campaign still has 0 impression and 0 click.

This is very important for me because without House Ad my new game don't have much downloads.

Let me know if you need any information.

John

John Xu

Sep 3, 2014, 11:41:44 PM9/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I changed the eCPM for my house ad to 0.01. The normal Admob ad was displayed just fine.

After I changed eCPM to 1.0 then there is NO ad displayed at all. I would expect house Ad to be displayed.

Was house Ad broken? Can someone from Google confirm? It has been two days it's very frustrating.

Thanks.

John
Message has been deleted

garrett bogert

Sep 4, 2014, 1:02:21 PM9/4/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hey, I am having an identical issue to John's here. I am looking forward to a response on this as well!

Thanks
-Garrett

John Xu

Sep 9, 2014, 10:47:14 AM9/9/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
It has been a week. I got confirmation from Garrett that house Ad is also not working for him either.

Can someone from Google confirm or deny the issue? I thought I did everything right in setting up the house Ad.

With eCPM=1.0 my house ad was not served. In fact no Ad was served in my App. I am losing revenue without any gain!

Thanks.

John

Garrett Bogert

Sep 9, 2014, 6:23:35 PM9/9/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, john...@hotmail.com
Yea, to confirm John's message, I seem to be having the same identical issue. If you need anymore information from me, I'd be happy to provide it for you. I'm sure John probably would be too :).

Thanks,

Garrett

--

---

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Sep 9, 2014, 6:27:22 PM9/9/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, john...@hotmail.com
@Garrett, John,

Are these house ads set up with the AdMob interface or DFP? Could you give me an ad unit to try?

Amy
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to google-admob-ads-sdk+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

John Xu

Sep 9, 2014, 6:56:53 PM9/9/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, john...@hotmail.com
Amy,

    The house ad was setup with Admob interface.

    I am not exactly know how to give you an ad unit. My pubid is:  pub-6731575877314836   The ad unit is on "Poke Moron Test" "banner1"  The campaign is called "Penguin Dodge 3".

    Let me know if you need anymore information.

John

John Xu

Sep 11, 2014, 6:31:25 PM9/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, john...@hotmail.com
Amy,
    Have you got a chance to take a look? Any ideas?

    It has been two weeks, very frustrating

John

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Sep 11, 2014, 6:42:46 PM9/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, john...@hotmail.com
Hi John,

I was just looking - I don't see anything obviously wrong. You should fill out this form for house ads issues.

Amy Quispe

John Xu

Sep 11, 2014, 7:02:11 PM9/11/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, john...@hotmail.com
Thanks Amy!

I submitted the help request through the form. Will update the group when it's resolved (keep finger crossed)

John

Awesome Dev

Jan 23, 2015, 2:50:09 AM1/23/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, john...@hotmail.com
@John
Hi
I am encountering the same problem.
I created my own House Ad and campaign for the same.
I want to show this Ad in my iOS application, that is currently under development.
I copied the Ad Unit ID in the app but it's not displaying the House Ad that I created.
Were you able to troubleshoot this and got success?
Please let me know what additional things are needed to done in order to show the House Ad in my App and the device in which the app is running.

Thanks
Waiting for your kind reply

Andrew Brogdon (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Jan 23, 2015, 12:57:25 PM1/23/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, john...@hotmail.com
There are a few things that can cause House Ads not to appear for developers.  I would check the following:

1) Make sure that if you have an AdWords account, you're in good standing with billing.
2) Make sure you're not trying to show a house ad for an app in that same app.
3) Make sure you're not trying to show a house ad for an app on a device that already has the app installed (these devices are filtered out, since there's no sale to be made)

-Andrew

Townsend Zeigler

Feb 4, 2015, 11:42:32 AM2/4/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, john...@hotmail.com
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my house ads are only appearing sporadically. I am running four different campaigns for house ads, each with different impression goals, on both Android and iOS. These house ads do not punch out to another app, but to brands' websites, and they are set to target all devices, languages, and geographies. The campaigns began a few days ago, and although I am getting hundreds of impressions for ads fulfilled through the open exchange, AdMob will rarely serve my house ads. These house ads should appear consistently until their impressions goals are met. Can someone please tell me what the problem here might be? I have impression goals to meet for our advertisers by the end of the month. Thank you!

- Townsend

Andrew Brogdon (Mobile Ads SDK Team)

Feb 4, 2015, 9:06:08 PM2/4/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com, john...@hotmail.com
This forum handles issues with the AdMob SDK, rather than AdMob itself.  If you're not seeing ads at all, or there are odd warnings showing up in your logs, that's something we can help with.  We don't normally get into the details of how to set up house ad campaigns here, though.

AdMob.com does have a contact form specifically for issues of ad performance, however, and you can reach the right people through it:

In addition, if you find yourself selling ad impressions to advertisers yourself on a regular basis, consider moving to Doubleclick for Publishers.  You can use the same Google Mobile Ads SDK, and still get AdMob ads for your unsold impressions.

-Andrew