How to programmatically close interstitial advertising?

L R

Nov 14, 2020, 1:16:55 PM11/14/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
I want to close the ad after click in the onAdClicked callback. This way I want to avoid repeated clicks and problems with invalid activity.
The SDK does not allow you to close ads. If I close the ad myself programmatically, will it be legal?

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 15, 2020, 9:21:44 PM11/15/20
to gnotep...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I'm afraid that the AdMob SDK does not support programmatically closing interstitial ads on purpose, since this is against the natural flow of using and displaying such ads. If you have any issues regarding interstitial ads not closing (e.g. there is no X button, or the X button is outside the safe, clickable space), then you may kindly provide the details below (via Reply to author, or a direct, private reply to this email) so that we can further investigate the issue:

  • Screenshot capturing the issue
  • Charles logs capturing the issue (SSL proxying must be enabled in Android / iOS)

Google Logo
Ziv Yves Sanchez
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q27tuh3:ref

L R

Nov 16, 2020, 7:05:37 AM11/16/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
But this is logical when a user clicks on an ad and follows the link, and the ad itself is closed. Why would he see ads after he returned? He already pressed it.
Now you can click on the same ad as many times as you like. I have had cases when the CTR was 400%!

понедельник, 16 ноября 2020 г. в 05:21:44 UTC+3, mobileadssdkforumadvisor:

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 16, 2020, 12:51:57 PM11/16/20
to gnotep...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I work with Ziv and will assist you. I will raise your issue with high click through rates when clicking more times on ad up to my team. We will get back to you as soon as we have more information.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q27tuh3:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 15, 2022, 12:20:09 PM6/15/22
to gnotep...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I received the following from my team:

This is intended behavior. The original basis for this decision was that a user may actually want to go back to the landing page again after some time away from the app.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh