UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 4 errors

Chethan's iQ&A and Relaxing Music

Nov 27, 2021, 4:08:48 AM11/27/21
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Hi,

I am using the latest GoogleMobileAds-v6.1.2.unitypackage ads package. The problem comes with the fact that I get the error android resource linking failed and other issues.You can see the screenshoot below

Android Resource Linking Failed.png

Also I am getting the error in the console like this:

UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+BuildMethodException: 4 errors
  at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow+DefaultBuildMethods.BuildPlayer (UnityEditor.BuildPlayerOptions options) [0x002bf] in <bd70c40e01f641bdb7d836e1e97755bc>:0
  at UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow.CallBuildMethods (System.Boolean askForBuildLocation, UnityEditor.BuildOptions defaultBuildOptions) [0x00080] in <bd70c40e01f641bdb7d836e1e97755bc>:0
UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun ()

Console Error.png

I tried to solve this issue by deleting the plugins folder in Assets folder but later it imported only the android folder and said to android.xml file is missing. I reimported the plugin but there was no use.

I tried to rename the folder GoogleMobileAdsPlugin.androidlib in Plugins/Android to GoogleMobileAdsPlugin but still this couldnt fix the issue.

I dont know if the version of the plugin is causing the issue or something.

Please help

Regards,

Chethan V

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Nov 29, 2021, 2:07:36 AM11/29/21
to chetha...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hello Chetan,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

For us to further investigate this, could you please provide the following details via Reply privately to author option or send it directly to mobileads...@gmail.com? Kindly inform us on this thread if you sent it directly to the email provided.

  • Sample app project where these error occur
  • Steps to replicate
  • Unity Version used

Regards,

Google Logo
Princess Pamela Pineda
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2RwVuv:ref

Chethan's iQ&A and Relaxing Music

Dec 1, 2021, 10:34:10 AM12/1/21
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.I am sending the email to  mobileads...@gmail.com with the same subject line

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Dec 2, 2021, 2:09:25 AM12/2/21
to chetha...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hello Chethan,

Thank you for providing additional information privately.

I've checked the email you sent, and it seems that there's no attached sample project implementation. Can you confirm if you already sent it also? If not yet, can you provide us with your sample project implementation so that we can further check it in our end? You can send it via Reply privately to author option or send it directly to mobileads...@gmail.com. Kindly inform us on this thread if you sent it directly to the email provided.