Admob test suite issue - Important

Stephen Vlahakis

Jul 23, 2020, 1:03:05 AM7/23/20
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Not sure exactly what is going on with my Admob test suite for this latest update of my game. I am concerned as this update is very crucial and the game has begun getting traction.

Anyways, normally my Admob test suite does not have this many entries from the same ad source, is this normal?

Also, sometimes one of these will load, or some of them will load but not all of them, is this normal?

Please get back to me ASAP, I really don't want to release this on the app store unless someone can confirm that this is normal behavior.

Thank you,

Stephen
image0.png

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 23, 2020, 4:18:27 AM7/23/20
to fatgu...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Allow me to assist you in this.

Could you kindly provide the following details via Reply privately to author option, for us to investigate the issue further?
  • SDK Version
  • App ID
  • Ad Unit ID mediated to App lovin
Regards,
Teejay Pimentel
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q22YR5f:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 23, 2020, 12:06:12 PM7/23/20
to fatgu...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

I work with Teejay and will try to assist you. Thank you for giving us your Id's in private. I compiled a Unity iOS app using your Id's with the Applovin adaptor and saw the multiple copies of many mediation partners on the rewarded and Interstitial placements in the Mediation Test Suite. This may be normal behavior according to the faq at the end of our Mediation Test Suite Guide here - https://developers.google.com/admob/unity/mediation-test-suite#frequently_asked_questions where it states:

Why do I see AdMob multiple times on the Ad Unit details page?
If multiple mediation groups target the same ad unit, we combine all of the groups together. For example, you may see multiple AdMob entries and possibly multiple of other ad sources. Even inside the same mediation group, a mediation partner can be defined up to 3 times.
If you have the same ad source in in multiple groups and/or multiple times in one group then you will see multiple times that ad source in the Ad Unit Details. For example: If you have AppLovin in one group twice and in one group once you will see AppLovin come up on that Ad Unit Details 3 times.

Kind regards,
Aryeh Baker

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 23, 2020, 12:35:19 PM7/23/20
to fatgu...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stephen,

If for example you have 3 mediation groups feeding your placement, and in each mediation group you have 3 sources, and each source is in each group 3 times then you will have each source show up 9 times and all together you will have 27 sources for that ad unit Id showing up. The number 3 is only a hard number for the amount of times 1 source can be in a group. If that same source is in multiple groups that feed the placement then there is no known limit to how many times that source shows up.

Stephen Vlahakis

Jul 23, 2020, 12:44:51 PM7/23/20
to Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the clarification!

Take care,
Stephen Vlahakis

private buergo

Jul 25, 2020, 8:02:48 AM7/25/20
to Stephen Vlahakis, Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
complete first the tool system

--

---

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 26, 2020, 10:16:49 PM7/26/20
to private...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Kindly create a new thread if you have any concerns with the AdMob SDK.

Regards,

Ziv Yves Sanchez