What should I do: Users turn on flight mode to avoid ads

Graham Lancashire

Jan 6, 2014, 5:58:15 AM1/6/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
We have reports of users turning on airplane/flight mode on IOS devices (this is very easy and quick on IOS7) to avoid ads.

Thus no interstitials or banners are loaded or displayed. This is nice for the user but bad for our revenues.

I have thought of requiring an active internet connections or displaying my own ads if no ads can be loaded. Both solutions are not really satisfying.

Is there a way to handle this elegantly without punishing users with bad internet connections.

Best regards
Graham

Derek Tishler

Jan 6, 2014, 8:06:10 AM1/6/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Not much that can be done especially since their net is down and they cannot interact with ads anyway. I have a default ad for my other apps show in place of the admob ad when Admob fails to connect. This way the layout is preserved(no gaps with missing ads) and the user is less inclined to go around the ads.