White background for Ads in Landscape mode (Windows Phone)

Jacek

Feb 26, 2014, 3:10:04 AM2/26/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am trying to show Banner ad in the landscape mode and I am getting ugly white background + ad is not in the correct size (please see attachments). You can get repro by using your sample app "GoogleAds.ExampleApps.BannerExampleCode" and just change Orientation for the page.

Is there any workaround for it?

Thanks,
Jacek

Landscape.PNG
Portrait.PNG

win...@privygames.com

Feb 28, 2014, 3:18:43 AM2/28/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Same thing. Ads are useless in the landscape mode in Windows Phone!

Please fix it!

ilk.jo...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2014, 1:09:00 PM3/1/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Can confirm this problem.

The Windowsphone SDK from Admob is quite buggy.

Amy Quispe (AdMob SDK Team)

Mar 3, 2014, 7:54:44 PM3/3/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks everyone for reporting this problem. Our SDK engineering team will look into this.

Amy Quispe
Message has been deleted

Jacek

Mar 5, 2014, 1:13:09 AM3/5/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
This time you did really really bad job! It's better to show less ads from Microsoft than yours. It's usless, no one will click it!!!
SmallAd.PNG

Derek Tishler

Mar 19, 2014, 9:19:37 AM3/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Is this going to get a fix anytime soon? I am also having trouble with with the white background AND orientation for interstitial ads. Seems the WP8 sdk is not done yet for landscape apps. Would be a great addition so I can publish my games on windows as well.

tunatoksoz

Mar 29, 2014, 7:44:37 PM3/29/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
This is mostly a windows phone issue that needs workarounding from our end.

Windows phone assumes different viewports for horizontal and vertical, and there are problems with viewport < some specific size.

HAving that said, I don't see this problem in my own testing. Can you send a reproducible of one page app  with only the banner and so on?

Thanks!

Felipe Sotelo

Nov 14, 2014, 4:17:55 PM11/14/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi for every one!

I have the same problem, any idea for solving this issue?

thanks

Felipe

Mirko Bellabarba

Feb 10, 2015, 5:27:22 AM2/10/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hy Amy,
same here, do you have any news to share with us?
Thanks,

Mirko

Turismo Associati

Mar 8, 2015, 11:30:02 AM3/8/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Well Amy, how come today 8th March 2015 THERE IS THE SAME PROBLEM??? Do you mind giving us a solution?

Turismo Associati

Mar 8, 2015, 1:13:43 PM3/8/15
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

Nobody gave a dime about this huge issue. It's the 8th of March 2015 and Google Team never gave an answer and solution.
SAD!!!
 Jacek, have you found the way?