When I click on the test ad, the browser comes up, but the back button brings up another admob login

Len Kampa

Jan 19, 2014, 4:06:19 PM1/19/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com

I have the admob test ad running on my app and when I click on the ad it brings up a browser with a login page for m.admob.com. If I then press the back button, the login slides away only to be replaced by the exact same login page. The only way out is to long press the home button and click on my app icon. If I then do a back from my app, I'm back in the m.admob.com login yet again.

Why don't I return to my app when I press the back button from the m.admob.com login page?

Do all the ads behave this way or is it just the test ad that works this way?

This behavior seems to discourage users from clicking on ads if they really want to use the app to do something useful.

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jan 21, 2014, 3:54:42 PM1/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Len,

This just happens to be a property of the website. m.admob.com/#home is redirecting to m.admob.com/#login, so clicking back goes to m.admob.com/#home again which will then redirect back to m.admob.com/#login. If you were to press back twice quick enough, you will get back into your app before the redirect happens again.

This is not the best example for the test ad, but the bulk of ads without such a redirect won't have this issue.

Thanks,
Eric

Len Kampa

Jan 21, 2014, 4:23:02 PM1/21/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info. I was afraid that I had a bug in my app.

--

---

lenk...@gmail.com