Play Console - Do you offer a way for users to request deletion of their data?

FreeLearning

Jun 17, 2022, 9:03:54 AM6/17/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
Do you offer a way for users to request deletion of their data?
(translated, may not be word for word)

Hi, what should I answer this question present in Google Play Console data security? As far as I know, the data is stored in the device ID, and if the user wants to erase the data he has to reset that ID, but the only ones who can give an answer about it are you.

FreeLearning

Jun 18, 2022, 8:46:00 AM6/18/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
in English the precise question should be: "Does the SDK provide a way for users to request that their data is deleted?"

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 22, 2022, 3:03:29 AM6/22/22
to freelearni...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

With regard to your concern, the SDK doesn't provide a way for users to request that their data is deleted. Other information can be found here.

Regards,
Google Logo
Teejay Wennie
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2bxP2y:ref

FreeLearning

Jun 22, 2022, 8:19:01 AM6/22/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
There is a law of the European Union which establishes that anyone who collects personal data must necessarily provide the user with a way to be able to delete them.

So what I want to ask is: Among the data you collect and store on your servers, is there any personal data?
Or are these personal data only present in the device, and therefore can they be deleted from the device by resetting the ID?

If you are unable to answer this question because it is about the Product Support Team, I have already written to the community who replied to ask here (https://support.google.com/admob/thread/167821029?hl=en&msgid= 167859507).
So if you tell me that I have to contact support, I am unable to do so because the button to contact them is broken. Since this is a simple question, could you please write via that help button as it works for you? Then you can write the transcript or take a screenshot of the answer for me if you can.

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 22, 2022, 2:59:29 PM6/22/22
to freelearni...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I brought your question to my team to see if we can help you. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh
Mobile Ads SDK Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2bxP2y:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jun 28, 2022, 3:32:36 PM6/28/22
to freelearni...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

My name is Chris and I will be assisting with this investigation. I will take a look and keep you updated on my findings.

Best,

Chris

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2bxP2y:ref

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 1, 2022, 3:44:14 PM7/1/22
to freelearni...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

There are two components to what you are requesting: 1) revoking consent from the user and 2) deleting user data. Item 1 can be handled by directing the user to the "revoke consent" link that you are required to provide to the user as part of implementing a Consent Management Platform such as our UMP SDK. For full data deletion, you would need to direct the user to each network (such as Google) and their surfaces to delete user data.

Regards,

bhmeh...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2022, 4:13:51 AM7/7/22
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
So basically, there is no "way for users to request that their data is deleted?" . (As asked by "data safety form" in playstore)

Mobile Ads SDK Forum Advisor

Jul 7, 2022, 3:11:07 PM7/7/22
to bhmeh...@gmail.com, google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

There is no end-to-end method that Google provides to delete a user's data across all ad networks. It is up to you as the publisher to implement that behavior after they have let you know through a consent management platform like our UMP SDK that they would like to revoke their consent.