W/GooglePlayServicesUtil(4926): Google Play services out of date. Requires 5077000 but found 302710

Saket Sinha

Jul 7, 2014, 6:06:21 PM7/7/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
I have a funny situation :) The code was working fine in emulator, as soon as I ported the code to the device, it started failing with the following error:

07-07 21:20:45.443: W/GooglePlayServicesUtil(4926): Google Play services out of date.  Requires 5077000 but found 3027105
07-07 21:20:45.443: E/GooglePlayServicesUtil(4926): GooglePlayServices not available due to error 2

I have tried searching online, but could not find a resolution. I have downloaded the latest version of Google play services yesterday (says 18 on the version number), it is not possible that this error message is correct.

Thanks for the help :)

Eric Leichtenschlag

Jul 10, 2014, 3:26:36 PM7/10/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Are you using a device with Android 2.2 (API 8) on it? Google Play Services 4.0 and up only supports API 9 and higher. Your device is still running 3.0.27 - you can confirm this by viewing the app information for the "Google Play services" app on your device. If your device is API 9 or higher, you should be able to update your Google Play services version on your device to the latest (5.0) version.

Saket Sinha

Jul 10, 2014, 8:59:01 PM7/10/14
to google-adm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eric,

I updated by Google play services on the device and this problem went away.
I come from iOS background and porting my game to Android. This is all new to me :)

All good now and thanks for your response.