eCPM fell off after implementing Google CMP in non-EU countries

Justyn Jones

3:27 PM (3 hours ago) 3:27 PM
to Google Mobile Ads SDK Developers
After we implemented the Google CMP last December, we have found that our eCPM for AdMob has been massively down in non-EU countries. Our current implementation has the targeting set to everywhere in order to keep the implementation simple so that we can re-use this for things like CCPA. We programmatically decide to show the CMP if we see that we are in a GDPR country on app start up, and then users can change their privacy settings later in the settings. Is targeting everywhere part of the problem for our eCPMs being down because it expects the TCF string to be set?

App ID: ca-app-pub-1801141569078122~6304539592